steering gear

Old 02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default steering gear

This is a response from Speedway Motors to a question I asked about a new Mopar steering box they sell. I wanted to know where the parts were made and where it was assembled .

Good morning,
Thanks for contacting Speedway for your automotive needs. My name is John and I am one of the techs glad to help with questions and parts selection and I appreciate your patience in waiting for my reply.

You inquired about the manufacturer of our Mopar manual steering box number 91032508. These come from probably the largest manufacturer and supplier of steering gears and rack and pinions here in the states. All components and parts can come from several manufacturers and suppliers and there is no way to verify that every single part comes from one area. Even if you go into GM or Mopar dealers many of their parts have components from different vendors or manufacturers and several different countries. Main concern with any part is quality and service. Our parts meet our safety requirements and our quality control people keep watch on any parts that seem to have problems and we do not sell parts that have repeated problems or customer concerns.

Feel free to visit us on the web at www.speedwaymotors.com or call 1-800-979-0122 with questions or to place an order. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Speedway Motors!!

John Wulbern
Street Rod Tech
Ext. 2944
Speedway Motors