x-link track locator

Old 02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
biga
SHOW GUEST

Default x-link track locator

does anyone other than vanishing point make an x-link style locator,since they seem to be out of business at least for the time being,also I have looked at 4-link dragsters at the track and see some of them that have an x welded in the bottom bars usually with a cross bar side to side at front and back,it would be a pain if you wanted to move the bottom bars a hole but could that be done on a door car??maybe I am missing something else about the dragster,just liked the x-link over the single heim of the wishbone but that seems to be the common deal for the 4-link,any info is greatly appreciated,thank you
Old 02-07-2010, 06:36 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I have a x-link on my SG roadster. I don't see why you couldn't do it on a door car. I'm pretty sure it's used on dragsters and narrow cars like mine because of the limited space for a track locator or wishbone. It is more difficult to move the lower bars, and moving the rear side to side to center it in the car is challenging too. I'd think any chassis shop could make one or convert you current lower bars to x-link configuration.....
Johnny
Old 02-08-2010, 06:50 AM
biga
SHOW GUEST

yours actually has the bottom 4-link bars tied together with an X like I saw the dragsters had,or is a bolt in X with heims and slip tube like vanishing points,I didn't see why you couldn't tie the bottoms together like that other than being harder to deal with,thanks for reply
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: x-link track locator

Originally Posted by biga
yours actually has the bottom 4-link bars tied together with an X like I saw the dragsters had,or is a bolt in X with heims and slip tube like vanishing points,I didn't see why you couldn't tie the bottoms together like that other than being harder to deal with,thanks for reply
The lower bars are actually welded together with an X between them on mine.
Johnny
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
biga
SHOW GUEST

thanks for reply,that seems like it would be a good deal other than some extra hassles when moving the lower bars