Toyodas problems

Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

Default Toyodas problems

Man I hate the bad Karma of wishing ill will, but I just gotta say your true colors come out when it hits the fan.
If this was chevy or ford they would have allready shut them down.

My brother who is always telling me that the country is going to hell(he is a homicide cop so I give him some slack) but he always owns toyotas with the excuse of saying they are built in america.
I say so what, the parent is overseas & eventually thats where all the $$ end up. He says my cars are built in canada or mexico, I dont think thats the point, most of them are aseemble here & the companies are HQ right here.

you can buy whatever you want, its freedom of choice, & I have owned plenty of italian & german cars over the years, But in these times I make it a point to shop local & keep my hard earned $$ as close to home, but thats another topic entirely

What do you think
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

The news has be reporting that the part in question was made in an American factory. Did you hear the recall includes the Ponitac Vibe? If I may ask, What do you drive? I have a Chevy 2500hd and a Pontiac Aztek. Couldn't tell you where the truck came from. I think the Pontiac was built in Mexico.

If I understand you, you would buy a vehicle built overseas that is shipped here and had a big three emblem hung on it. Even though it only employs truck drivers that haul them to the dealers and salesmen.

You would NOT buy a vehicle with a "foreign" emblem that is made here. Even though it employed the contractors that built the plant, the people who build the cars, car shippers, parts shippers to the plant, factories that supply parts, salesmen, the local busnesses that the factory employees buy from, the power companies that supply power to run the factory, the water company, other utilites, raw material suppliers, and many more.

I have no interest in driving a "foreign" car. I live in a small town and it would be 45 min drive to get it serviced by a dealer. Parts are harder to get here also.

Ever park a Ford Ranger next to a Mazda pickup? They are the same vehicle. Just like a Vibe and a Matrix I believe.

My brother works in a repair shop. A guy came in there making a big deal about buying American made tires. That is a good thing to do. It keeps Americans working. BUT my brother got tired of his rant and asked him, Why make a big deal about the tires when you are driving a foreign car? He said "I'm not it's American, It's Pontiac" My brother took the guy outside, popped the hood and showed him where it was made. It might say made by Toyota, I'm not sure on that. Needless to say the guy was pissed that his salesman didn't tell him. i say it's his fault for not doing a little research before making a big purchase.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with the author of this post, I hope this mess bites toyota in the a$$.

Hungry? Eat your import.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 PM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

Unfortunatly, even if it mess w/ toyotas financial status, we'll prolly still bail them out like we did w/ GM and Chrysler. America is all fricked up, we help every poor soul in every corner of the globe while we have our own economic troubles. This chit aint right.

Craig
Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i dont feel for toyota as a whole but i do feel for all the plants and parts suppliers in the USA that is keeping people employed. unfortunatly its a2 headed sword cause most money spent goes over seas but also pay Americans
Old 02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
I agree with the author of this post, I hope this mess bites toyota in the a$$.

Hungry? Eat your import.
I'm not saying I don't agree to some extent. It's just you have to be careful what you call an import. Would it be better to buy a Toyota Camry or a Chevy Aveo?

http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/cont...db-autos.shtml

When you say you hopes it bites Toyota, Do you think they should in turn shut down the AMERICAN factory that made the defective parts?

I'm playing devil's advocate here. I'd never own a Toyota, Honda(car), Nissan or whatever.

I notice nobody is posting what they drive.
2003 Chevy 2500HD
2004 Pontiac Aztek
1994 GMC Sonoma
Motorcycles
2003 Honda VTX1800c
2001 Yamaha TTR225
2001 Yamaha PW80
2005 Honda 250 Recon 4 Wheeler
Old 02-06-2010, 12:44 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

own
93 buick shylark (inprocess of selling)
86 ford f150 ext cab (what we drive now selling towards middle of march)
77 monte carlo (in storage for winter)
Old 02-06-2010, 12:56 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
i dont feel for toyota as a whole but i do feel for all the plants and parts suppliers in the USA that is keeping people employed. unfortunatly its a2 headed sword cause most money spent goes over seas but also pay Americans
That's what I'm saying.

own
93 buick shylark (inprocess of selling)
86 ford f150 ext cab (what we drive now selling towards middle of march)
77 monte carlo (in storage for winter)
I'd say those are most likely American made. Did you decide not to sell the Monte?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

its up but no serious inquiries so when i move im gonna grag it across country theneither part it out or fix and sell
Old 02-06-2010, 03:58 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

72 Dodge D100 pickup, shop truck
76 Chrysler Cordoba, race car
77 Dodge C-class Motor Home
78 Dodge Challenger (Mitzubushi Mopar) race car, now more Mopar than not
94 Chev Astro van, service van
05 Toyota Corolla, wife's car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -