cylinder heads that never showed up

Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
jsheltonhvac
SHOW GUEST

Default cylinder heads that never showed up

:x We order a set of AFR 235 cylinder heads from ARE Performance in California and waited five weeks for them and they never showed up and the dealer will not return our phone calls so just be carefull who you order from. Be safe my fellow speed freaks
Old 02-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Dude that sucks...what are you going to do about it?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:58 AM
jsheltonhvac
SHOW GUEST

I called my credit company and they refunded my money and i ended up ordering them from jegs. The worst part is they don't have them in stock either but they told me i should have this week some time. At least i can trust jegs to get me my parts in a timely fashion.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 AM
whosyurdaddy
APPRENTICE

Ya , I'm starting to believe that buying from Jegs and Summit may not always be the cheapest way to go but definitely the safest .
Old 02-08-2010, 08:58 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by whosyurdaddy
Ya , I'm starting to believe that buying from Jegs and Summit may not always be the cheapest way to go but definitely the safest .
with the racers discount they usually are cheaper then most anyone. but no doubt jegs takes care of things fast and the right way
Old 02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

-----
Old 02-08-2010, 12:18 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I bought some track 1 heads (bare) and my engine builder talked me into afr cnc heads, I had had the track 1 heads for 15 months, Summit let me return them with a 10% restock fee, try doing that at jegs, summit has damn good customer service
Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

I have ordered heads directly thru AFR on two occassions. On both occasions they did not deliver on the date as promised. They did show but about 4 weeks after the date i was given. On my last set of 210s they threw in the competition cnc cut at no extra charge for being late.I have had no problems with there quality but delivery was a pain. I was always able to speak to someone when i called.But they always had a reason why they were late. From they did not flow correct to they missed the truck but i always got them. I still like the product...Try going direct to AFR, delivery bites but no middle man.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

when I got my afr heads from summit, they shipped next day