window net

Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Default window net

need some ideas on how you guys mounted a basic window net, think I like the buckle type, want to mount bottom to rocker bar, what is a good install kit to get any good pics of installed window net in door car
Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ProductSummary.aspx?free_text|2/4/2010%203:51:05%20PM=window+nets&deptId=0

this might help nets and install kits
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I see them in summit and jegs, and such I was wanting info on how you guys did it as far as, how did you connect it to rocker bar such as bought some cable and cable clamps etc, it doesnt look like the kits have every thing you need?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Mine has a seat belt buckle welded to the cage by the main hoop and another on the door bar...it is fastened at the fronty on the bar that goes down by the windshield pillar...I would have to look again because I do not run one...but the car is set up for it.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Window Nets

Seat belt buckles have plastic parts that melt in a fire and won't release.
As an old circle track racer I've seen this happen. I switched to a all metal type latch. They don't cost much and are safer.
Be fast but be safe.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Mine has a seat belt buckle welded to the cage by the main hoop and another on the door bar...it is fastened at the fronty on the bar that goes down by the windshield pillar...I would have to look again because I do not run one...but the car is set up for it.
you go faster then 10.99 in that nova dont you?
and if you do, how do you get away with not having a window net?
Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Alot of tracks are pretty lax on whether you actually use it or not...

I like the way mine is mounted because I can look over it to drive the stripe instead of trying to see through it... It has the seat belt buckle at top.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Some mix up on the window nets, you technically donot need a window net unless you run 9.99 or faster which is the same point you need a full cage. Crossover is that if you have a full cage you have to have a window net by NHRA rules, go figure. In other words roll bar to 10.00, window net with all full cages, even if you run 12.50, with a full cage.

Also go with the full metal buckle as mentioned above for sure.
If it will stop raining tomorrow, i'll post some pics. of my installation, it's pretty neet and clean and i'll post the mat'l used.

Zip.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

in looking at the nhra rule book, it says if you have a altered firewall or floor, which I do have both, you must have a roll cage if you go faster then 10.99
and you have to have a window net if you have to have a cage by rules

having a back halfed ride, I definetly dont have a stock floor
Old 02-04-2010, 08:35 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
in looking at the nhra rule book, it says if you have a altered firewall or floor, which I do have both, you must have a roll cage if you go faster then 10.99
and you have to have a window net if you have to have a cage by rules

having a back halfed ride, I definetly dont have a stock floor
You are right i didn't realize you altered the firewall and floor. I thought you only backhalfed the car.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -