racepartsdirect has anyone had dealings with this company?

Old 01-27-2010, 02:32 PM
bowler
SENIOR BUILDER

Default racepartsdirect has anyone had dealings with this company?

they advertise on RJ with lots of parts for sale, i ordered a Callies crank and they billed my credit card on 1/13/10, as of today 1/27/10 i have not recieved it? i emailed Jeff 2 times and called he was busy and they said he would call back. i do not think he is a scammer more like a poor business man. hope you have good luck with them? would like your input. thanks bowler, i will update as soon as i get my order i hope! again it is RACEPARTSDIRECT
Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I bought an entry level 383 rotator assy, from them for a customer it went o'k, the only thing i didn't like was he didn't give me a tracking #, however it did arrive in 8 or 9 days. I don't think he stocks the Callies crank so he probably had to order it from Crower and either have it drop shipped or to his place first and then too you.
You're right it's poor business and it's been mentioned here before in the scammer section, If i recall he did come on here and defend himself, but his answers were not acceptable, just from memory. I'm going to email him and see if i can get something going.

JMO

Zip.

PS i PM'ed him lets see if you get some action now or if he shows up here.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default RPD

Bowler.,
You will Probably get your Parts,(SOMEDAY)?
I real thing that this Guy means well?But,his way of Dealing with the Public,SUCKS!
And thats a Shame,cause everytime He pulls this?Its just another X in the Record book.And being a Bowler i'm sure you know about them X's?Only these are BADD X's!
Later
G 8)
Hopefully you will get the Crank,in the Near Future?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
bowler
SENIOR BUILDER

thanks guys i really feel he is ok every time i had to talk to him he is on the phone, so i know hes a busy guy, just needs someone to do some of his work for him . thanks zip i know i will here from him thursday and i will post an update. bowler
Old 01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
bowler
SENIOR BUILDER

update 1/29/10 still have not heard back from RACEPARTSDIRECT, so i called Callies and told them that i was going to cancel the order and buy direct, they gave me over to Don and he told me that they just got the order and it will be shipped this coming monday! if Jeffs wife calls in with their credit card #, (they forgot to order)at least thats the story. i felt that they were not a scam just poor business. sorry but i will not buy from them again. bowler
Old 01-29-2010, 01:50 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: racepartsdirect has anyone had dealings with this compan

Originally Posted by bowler
update 1/29/10 still have not heard back from RACEPARTSDIRECT, so i called Callies and told them that i was going to cancel the order and buy direct, they gave me over to Don and he told me that they just got the order and it will be shipped this coming monday! if Jeffs wife calls in with their credit card #, (they forgot to order)at least thats the story. i felt that they were not a scam just poor business. sorry but i will not buy from them again. bowler
W :shock: W,Cant even call the Customer back?Makes you just want to call them (RACEPARTSDIRECT)and Order up a Load of Parts?
I'm sure Jeff will tell you that it was your MISTAKE!
I Think a Call to RPD to talk about your Order would be in Order,that is to CANCEL it!If you payed with your Credit Card,theres your OUT!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 01-29-2010, 07:23 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: racepartsdirect has anyone had dealings with this compan

Originally Posted by bowler
Bowler,
I think i would call Jeff or his wife first thing and let them know you have talked too Callies and if you don't get a good response immediately that you are going to cancel the credit card payment that you paid them with.
I agree this is piss poor business pratices and i too would not buy from them again.
With that said, Bowler and i are good friends even though we live 1,000's of mile apart and i'm very sorry this happened to a good friend.

Zip.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I do not think he is a scammer.He is either too busy to run a business

efficiently or just not very good at it or something has come up. Not my business and I do not know him,but he has been on here before and he does not come accross to me as a crook. Not excusing him just giving an opinion. However,There is no good excuse for not at least calling the customer,unless it is a medical issue or something...
Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
intimudator
SHOW GUEST

Default not a scammer

raceparts direct is about 10 miles from my house,and i know jeff. i havent done alot of buisness with him but i know he has been in buisness a long time and is not a scammer. most likely very busy and lost track some how.hope you get your crank soon and rest assure he is not a scammer
Old 01-30-2010, 09:43 AM
bowler
SENIOR BUILDER

Tod74 and Intimudator when i ordered the crank he came across as a nice guy and i believe he is a very busy guy and just forgot to order the crank, i would not have posted this question if he had called or emailed me. after monday and he has ordered the crank i will post that it is coming and we can eliminate this post. thanks bowler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -