TIM SMITH SCAMMED ME- USERNAME ministock31972

Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
royportiss
APPRENTICE

Default TIM SMITH SCAMMED ME- USERNAME ministock31972

I think I may have been the latest to get scammed. I don't know his username or the ad # . I sent Tim Smith of Battle Creek MI. $600.00 for a set of longacre scales and cannot get a hold of him through email or phone. I hope I'm jumping to conclusions but feel I'm not. Has anyone dealt with him, any help or advice would be appreciated. His ad has been removed from the site aswell.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

if you talked to him through RJ messaging system then it should still be in your messages..it will show ad number as well..Paul
Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 PM
royportiss
APPRENTICE

Thanks Paul

Username is ministock31972

Ad # 1745683
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

he has another ad still on RJ . type in the scales ad in the search box and message him through the ad .how long has it been , he probaly not gonna ship till payment clears , usually 10 days after he recieves it . keep trying
Old 01-27-2010, 04:40 AM
royportiss
APPRENTICE

It's been a week and he received the money cause he called my bank and said his bank was going to hold the money order for 6 months (should have known at that point), he was to mail the money order back and the funds were wired to his bank. We've cancelled the money order but if he cashes it elsewhere my bank will charge him with fraud. Like I said it has been a week and he has my money and can't get in contact with him.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

When he said his bank was going to hold it for 6 months that would've been enough to send me running after you cancelled the money order. I would've went elsewhere. Hope it works out for you.
If he doesn't produce soon I would contact the Battle Creek police or the Calhoun county sheriff's dept. There is a State police post in Battle Creek also.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 AM
royportiss
APPRENTICE

Sent him another message through RJ. How long should I wait to hear from this guy and who should I contact at RJ or will they know of this from my post here.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Why wait? You have contacted him numerous times already. I would throw the dagger now! If he had good character, he would have contacted you by now.

I will tell you that RJ will not get involved in any way, unless you have already been to court and have your documentation that the scammer was convicted of running a scam thru RJ. It bothers me a bit that RJ doesn't get involved when a person/company is accused by multiple people that they have been conned.
Having said that, Paul, I know you are reading this........I understand that it could bring huge legal consequences down on the company. That would not be good.

I am in no way talking bad about RJ, it is a great site if used correctly!
I am just stating what I know, yes, I was told this by RJ administration.

If you follow the advice of the forum sharks, you may fare well in the end.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:39 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

this is the second time I've seen his name on here ..
Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 AM
royportiss
APPRENTICE

I think a disclaimer that puts all your ads on hold until a grievance is settled.
Then it may save a second or third person from being scammed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -