the truth

Old 01-24-2010, 06:24 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Default the truth

***For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that Congress members could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Health care Reform that is being considered...in all of its' forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come.**

* * Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:
* "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States".
Old 01-25-2010, 09:02 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

AMEN!!
What's good for the gander is good for the goose. I'm with you on this one. Dave
Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I agree 100%, the only problem is LOOK :cry: who would have to pass the amendment :roll:

Zip.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

note: in public i take no stance one way or the other for the political parties for the reason that it can ruin friendships. but i personally thing that the email i posted is the god awful truth and all political parties guilty and none of the fat cats in washington wont change it cause it hurts there pockets. also not income taxes where brought out to pay for war efforts only and where supposed to stop after but gov realized they could get rich off of the public so never repeeled it
Old 01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

We the PEOPLE,....are awake and PISSED......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=662R2awSwPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5UeM...eature=channel
Old 01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Sam, I think you are DEAD ON. Funny how congress is not accountable under the same rules... yet they live under the same roof.

I said this in another thread I think, but it applies to congress/senate/politicians.

There are two kinds in the politics field, the kind that focus on EATING well, the others that SLEEP well. I think we have too many that like to EAT well right now.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:09 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

x2