Serious about doing this

Old 01-18-2010, 10:48 PM
racechik91
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Serious about doing this

I have a friend that needs a kidney transplant. I have O blood type which means no matter what type he is i can donate....after he goes to charelston, Sc to be evaluated i am seriously considering giving him one of mine...if anyone knows anything about this that they dont mind sharing, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Not sure on what to do...but I hope everything goes OK!

TS1955
Old 01-19-2010, 04:29 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

My Wife is a surgery nurse has been for 22 year's now, I am a ambulance medic, And speaking from experence i can tell you it is a long surgery, long recovery, and a painfull one.

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-19-2010, 05:51 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Your a good man to be serious about this. How ever it goes the best of luck for making your dessicion and future outcome on this.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:40 AM
racechik91
JUNIOR BUILDER

thanks mopar lol!!!! you always tend to brighten the day lol ...i have read about it and there arent any serious risks and bein so young there really isnt any chance that my other kidney will fail but they check you for anything that could happen to it.....we will see what happens tho he is going through i dialysis now he is miserable
Old 01-19-2010, 08:48 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by mooneye777
Your a good man to be serious about this.
Unless her profile is wrong she isn't a good man but a good young lady. What you are talking about is a very selfless and brave thing to do. I have a 19 year old daughter and it would scare the crap out of me if she wanted to do something like this.

From what I understand about organ donation there is a lot more to being a compatible donor than having the correct blood type. If you decide to do this I'm sure you will get quite the education on it. I wish you and your friend well with whatever you decide. God bless.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:01 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Girl,
I liked this response the best, you may have too put your best front forward :lol:

(Your a good man to be serious about this. How ever it goes the best of luck for making your dessicion and future outcome on this.)

Seriously, as mopar stated it is long recovery for both parties involved and it doesn't always work for the reciepent. My neice is also a nurse/NP and we had a long and intresting conversation about tranplants a few months ago when my son's liver shut down due to alcohol abuse, he pulled through it barely and they recommended no transplant for atleast 1 yr. of being alcohol free.

Zip.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:17 AM
racechik91
JUNIOR BUILDER

yes i was gonna make it clear that i wasnt a man lol but didnt want to start any drama haha!! its ok though if you look at my racespace you will deff know im not a man!!!!!...or am i?!!!!! haha jk! but yea i read alot about it here online and i know there is alot more then just the blood type to match up with, but im going to the dr tomorrow and gettin some blood work done..have to have a cancer checkup so i am going to ask them more questions then! thanks for all the support and it really means alot that yall dont mind sharing!!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
racechik91
JUNIOR BUILDER

well i went and had blood drawn yesterday to make sure i was healthy and all that...next i have to go to my cancer dr to see if the leaukemia is going to set me back from donating...just thought i would give an update!!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

just a thought . would donating a kidney limit your treatment options in the future if you had a reaccurence ? chemotherapy is pretty hard on all organs in the body. you have a big heart to be considering doing this for a friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -