Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: chevy motor in a mustang

  1. #1

    chevy motor in a mustang

    looking to put a sbc in my 82 mustang i was wondering how hard is it and what will i need. i will be keeping my c4 in the car. i have the aje k-member and bellhouseing, so what tourq conveder do i use and flex plat do i use.

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2006
    The easiest route would be to go with a powerglide.

    I'm sure PTC, BTE, TCI all make converters/flywheels that go from a chevy motor to a ford tranny.

    Give one of them a call.
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

  3. #3
    Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I put a long tail th 350 in mine using the stock driveshaft, and crossmember. a little modding was done but an easy swap. I'm running dynatech headers.
    Mark Sheppd

  4. #4
    Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    At least your headed in the right direction. A Chevy motor is the only way to get those fords to run. :roll:

  5. #5

    350 swap

    Did you have any trouble with the steering shaft? I am doing the swap now, and I am having problems.

  6. Racing Junk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Copyright © 2005-2016 All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy