Carb intake spacers BBC

Old 01-02-2010, 05:07 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default Carb intake spacers BBC

I am wondering if my 582 on alcohol ..with an APD 1050 dominator would benefit from one of the various "fancy" carb spacers.. right now this motor just has a 1in open square spacer on a Dart bbc intake and Dart 360 heads.. with just the ports cleaned up.
In the past i have used wilson spacers on sbc's and they made a little more power on the dyno. This motor i dont see going on a dyno any time soon ..so maybe some experiances either good or bad would be great.

Thanks In Advance
Keith
Old 01-02-2010, 09:14 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

2" HVH 4 hole spacer did a great job on my engine before i went to injection.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:08 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Carb intake spacers BBC

Originally Posted by dynaguy03
I am wondering if my 582 on alcohol ..with an APD 1050 dominator would benefit from one of the various "fancy" carb spacers.. right now this motor just has a 1in open square spacer on a Dart bbc intake and Dart 360 heads.. with just the ports cleaned up.
In the past i have used wilson spacers on sbc's and they made a little more power on the dyno. This motor i dont see going on a dyno any time soon ..so maybe some experiances either good or bad would be great.

Thanks In Advance
Keith
Call APD and get the "black widow" they sell, its typically worth 2-4 hundreths sometimes more. www.apdracing.com