Chain Drives

Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default Chain Drives

Any mudracers,trying to go to a chain drive setup,is this possible to come out of a shortened glide with a sprocket,drop straight down to a sprocket which in turn is going to front and rear diffs. which are both centred instead of offset. Thanks ,any pics or ideas greatly appreciated. SHOWTME RACING/Norm
Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default chain drives

No mudracers out here.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Well... I sling a lot of mud at the begining of the night, but I don't think that counts...

Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 AM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default Chain Drives

Thanks for reply.Norm
Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Don't know how I missed this post. You can do it that way or buy the shaft from Power Pro which uses two shafts. One shaft goes between the drive shaft and trans and other shaft runs the front shaft. Will cost you about 950 to $1,000 for everything including chain and sprokets.
No matter which way you go make sure to put a plate on the rear tail shaft to keep from pulling the trans to the right and ruining the rear bushing or bearing. I don't have any pics of mine but can get some if you'd like.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:12 AM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default Chain drive

I never realy looked at the set ups i guess, i see most are from trany to rear diff. with a sproket on driveshaft and chain going over to connect with front shaft which is probably the best.The biggest prob. would be supporting my output shaft where i was thinking of putting the sproket, any pics out there of set ups. Thanks :? :?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:50 AM
jbworkman9
SHOW GUEST

i run front and rear off bottom gear. its one of gary bakers blower chain drive sets ups i had to face the bottom gear and run the industrial grade diamond double 60 chain its a little wider than the standard D60 but works great. the standard chain would break every 8 or so passes .
Old 06-30-2010, 03:32 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Thanks ,i just didnt know if it would stand.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jbworkman9
i run front and rear off bottom gear. its one of gary bakers blower chain drive sets ups i had to face the bottom gear and run the industrial grade diamond double 60 chain its a little wider than the standard D60 but works great. the standard chain would break every 8 or so passes .
Hey Jill. You get Taz fixed? Hope to see ya'll again soon!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 PM
jbworkman9
SHOW GUEST

no not yet sent the 7531 and the 7530 back to msd to get them fixed said it would take 3 weeks. so guess ill be down for a little lol. hope to make next race at hubcity hopefully see ya there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -