Need some opinions....To trade or not to trade?

Old 12-26-2009, 12:34 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Need some opinions....To trade or not to trade?

I am thinking about trading my '69 Camaro for this '66 ChevyII. Take a look at the slideshows if you have a few minutes and tell me what y'all think. Be honest, I really need the opinions!
The '66 has 'glass front end, deck lid and doors. He has the original doors, deck lid and hood as well as both door windows. It does have a title.
Big block with steel heads, forged GM crank, stock rods, TRW 12.5-1 pistons, nothing major for a motor. Claims about 35 mostly footbrake passes on motor since freshened, says the car itself is new.

Anyway, let me know what y'all think. I added a link to my Camaro too.
The Camaro has a bunch of pics, sorry.

http://s249.photobucket.com/home/hol...view=slideshow

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...view=slideshow

Thanks alot guys!
Rudy
Old 12-26-2009, 12:57 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

looks well built, what trans ? if its as good as the pic's look might be a good trade. I like it(alot) :wink:
Old 12-26-2009, 12:59 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

From what pics that I could see that Nova looks very well built and not just thrown together. It looks really nice.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:00 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Man that's a stuff one there I love both of those cars the nova's are a killer piece sounds like a nice car couldn't get any more of the pic's to load .

I love those nova's me I would check it out real good and might just trade for it.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:30 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

both look nice, comes down to what you want, race car or street car, with one seat time is limited, but man what a rush!!!. if you like a lot of seat time, or generaly touring and tooling around, then keep the camaro. jmo
Old 12-26-2009, 01:37 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Both are gorgeous cars. I would have a tough time trading that camaro for the nova. If your intentions were to get into a race car then yes it is a good trade. I know I would have some sleepless nights making that decision and then probably question myself some when it was done.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:41 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I WOULD NOT trade my 69 camaro...( and as you know i own this type Nova)

here are my reason's why..

once you get an all Drag car..thats all it is..a cut up Drag car it can never go back to street within reason.

But with your 69 camaro you can have the best of both Worlds if your careful how you go about it..and what i mean by this..is that you can leave the camaro Un-molested and Mini-tube it with the Kit they sell, sub frame connectors, Mid-plate it...Put you a cage that is just enough without harming the interior..leave eveything stock.....you can go with a pro-charger intercooled engine running pump gas and drive on the street and make up to 1200 hp ( see pro-chargers Site)..the camaro in the below link is the route i am wanting to go...over 1100 hp on pump gas..i like the look etc...check it out..it could be you Rudy with that beautiful blue 69 camaro you have...

http://owners.procharger.com/supercharged/386

http://owners.procharger.com/supercharged/316

you can make that camaro as bad as you want to and still have it close to its orginal form..with a set of 315 drag radials you could have you one bad true Stock suspension drag radial car....you got the best of Both worlds at your finger Tips...not to mention a 69 camaro is the baddest Body style ever Built ( imo)

thats my take on it Rudy.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:37 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I guess its a mater of what your looking to do, I would never take a good chevyII or 69 camaro and butcher it up for a drag car now, but the nova's already done. on rudys car it looks to good to put a cage in . jmo :?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:07 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
I guess its a mater of what your looking to do, I would never take a good chevyII or 69 camaro and butcher it up for a drag car now, but the nova's already done. on rudys car it looks to good to put a cage in . jmo :?

I agree..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-26-2009, 04:09 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I gotta say, this is driving me insane! I agree with every one of y'all! I should trade it if it is as nice in person as it is in the pictures, I should keep it for the exact reasons bjuice gave. What the hell do I do? I have my '68 ChevyII that I considered cutting up for a race car, also considered the mini tubs. It is as nice as the Camaro as far as solid body.

bjuice, although I love the thought of building a streat beast like that, I don't think I would ever be able to really use it on the street as far as some distance cruising. We love to load up and go to the zoo, mountains, etc in the Nova and the Camaro.
I really do not want to cut either of my cars, they are that nice underneath. My Nova interior is beautiful, very comfortable to ride in.

I am confused right now, I have the Camaro advertised as low as I am going, I don't think I could build the '66 for what I am asking for the Camaro, not to mention it has a title too (the'66). I do know I want a race car since my '68 Nova will become our big block factory a/c cruiser!
I am concerned about recouping my $ should I trade for this car, aren't we all though! I must say, I do believe it is a desirable piece though!

Mike, the tranny is th400 w/trans brake, says he never used trans brake. He only ran foot brake.

He says the car itself was built by himself over about 6 years, bought the motor already assembled, has not run it enough to tune it good yet according to him. TopGun four link, Summers rear end with .456 and 31 spline axles. Certified to 8.50. I am trying to remember details as I go along, will add more later. Wilwoods on all four corners, stock front suspension.

The guy that owns the car wrote this:
"it has a 468 cu in, 650 hp, turbo 400, trans brake, elec. shifter, 9 inch ford, 456 gears, 14 x 32 hoosier slicks, fiberglass hood, fenders, doors & deck lid, has title, ceramic coated fender well headers, elec water pump, 1050 dominator, MSD ignition, lexan all around except wind sheild, this car is brand new, wive lost job and don't have money to race it. Sits in garage on jack stands."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -