Thread: HOW MUCH NITROUS

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

HOW MUCH NITROUS

HOW MUCH NITROUS CAN I USE IN MY MOTOR,IT IS NOT A NITROUS MOTOR,BUT I HAVE A EAGLE FORGED ROTATING ASSEMBLY.CAM IS 260/[email protected] 674 EXH./688 INT.LSA 111 PLUS 4,INTAKE CENTERLINE 107.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: HOW MUCH NITROUS

Quote Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
    HOW MUCH NITROUS CAN I USE IN MY MOTOR,IT IS NOT A NITROUS MOTOR,BUT I HAVE A EAGLE FORGED ROTATING ASSEMBLY.CAM IS 260/[email protected] 674 EXH./688 INT.LSA 111 PLUS 4,INTAKE CENTERLINE 107.
    You can throw as much of it in there as it is properly set up to use. Nitrous has very critical boundries that need to be followed to the letter. If you stray from these then you will be in serious trouble. Personally I would not step beyond a 50 or 75 shot without an additional fuel source, and not knowing anything else about your set up. Go to a couple NOS manufacturers sites and read, read, read. Do your home work because your day can be ruined in a second flat if you are uneducated about its very critical perameters. Everyone usually thinks it is dangerous stuff to mess with. It only is if you cross that very fine line and push the envelope.
    Live every day like it were your last, because someday it will be.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    I would put a 400 shot fogger system on it :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    what brand pistons?

if pistons can handle, then last question would be what rings, and are they gapped for spray

btw, dont mind the mopar lover his mind thinks a lil sideways :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
    if pistons can handle, then last question would be what rings, and are they gapped for spray

JE FORGED FLAT TOPS,FILE FIT RINGS I WOULD SAY NO TO GAPPED FOR NITROUS AS AT FIRST I HAD NO INTENETIONS OF USEING THE STUFF,BUT AFTER SEEING MY BUDDIES 10.80 MUSTANG GO 9.80 WITH A 175 SHOT I WAS SOLD ON THE STUFF.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
    Quote Originally Posted by russ67chevelle

JE FORGED FLAT TOPS,FILE FIT RINGS I WOULD SAY NO TO GAPPED FOR NITROUS AS AT FIRST I HAD NO INTENETIONS OF USEING THE STUFF,BUT AFTER SEEING MY BUDDIES 10.80 MUSTANG GO 9.80 WITH A 175 SHOT I WAS SOLD ON THE STUFF.
    GAPPED FOR NITROUS,DO YOU MEAN HOW FAR THE TOP RING IS AWAY FROM THE TOP OF THE PISTON?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    quote]
    GAPPED FOR NITROUS,DO YOU MEAN HOW FAR THE TOP RING IS AWAY FROM THE TOP OF THE PISTON?[/quote]
    No, he is speaking of the gap between the butt ends of the ring.
    Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    With forged internals your safe to around 250 shot, just make sure you pull timing out accordingly.

Rule of thumb 2/3 degrees for every 50 hp of nitrous.

The MSD digital 6al has a built in single step retard you can use just for nitrous.

Slap a 150 plate on it, program the single step retard (6 degrees) to be ativated with the nitrous on and your good to go.

Goodluck, Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

a big block on nitrous is a beeeeautiful thing