Ron's Porting in Mo.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:24 AM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Ron's Porting in Mo.

Has anyone used Ron's porting for their sbc iron eagle sbc heads?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:23 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

ET, Check in the Scammer and Feedback section. I think you may get better feed back there. The other place I would tell you to post is at Dragraceresults.com on the Bracket Talk General Forum. There are a lot of members from that area.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:58 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Rons Porting in MO

I have dealt with Rons in the St. Louis area. Well known for his small block hand port work for over 30 years. I had him do porting and it was excellent quality. You get what you pay for from him. He has CNC equipment that is up to date and knows what works.
Sorry, I don't know about the specific head you are working with, but Rons is a good place to start.
He is in ST. Charles, MO.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:18 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I believe there are quite a few jr. fuel guys around here running that head from Ron's. Every comment I have heard around here about them has been positive although I myself have not dealt with them.

Curtis
Old 12-20-2009, 03:45 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

he did a set of sb heads for me 6yrs ago works was happy with the work .. he was all about the flow # though ..
Old 12-20-2009, 04:44 PM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
he did a set of sb heads for me 6yrs ago works was happy with the work .. he was all about the flow # though ..
That seems to be the norm nowadays.Everybody always talks about the "#s"...The actual track performance is the true proof!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:58 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by et7333
Originally Posted by hammertime
That seems to be the norm nowadays.Everybody always talks about the "#s"...The actual track performance is the true proof!
If I had to choose now on something I would use this guy

http://www.speierracingheads.com/
Old 12-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Rons is good. They have been around A LONG time. I need to start doing the shameless self promotion on the internet, seems to work pretty good, lol. Post pics of all the stuff I am doing, post dyno results, etc. Right now, lets see, I have 2 SB2.2 projects, 2 big chief BBC projects, 1 496 med effort 496bbc project, a 461 bbc project, 4 or 5 intakes, a couple Ls1 projects, a 340 mopar project, a 398 supercharged mopar, a couple big block mopars, of various levels, another 496, a couple sets of Harley heads, and some other stuff I am missing, plus, its not even close to spring time yet. I better get to work instead of posting on the internet, lol

Frank