Are these for real...?

Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Are these for real...?

EAGLE rods for unbelievably low price...?

Are these for real, or is this a scam...?

Has anyone dealt with FAProducts...?

Ad #1676346 Posted:2009-10-08 11:06:41

Please let me know, thanks, Jim
Old 12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I looked at that ad and I dont know about them. Ther is something that just doesnt seem right. They are in NY but they dont want anybody form NY to puy them. They have sold things on RJ and havent made an honor payment. I even went to their website and that is under construction and you couldnt even go to the connecting rod pages. IMO I would prolly just look somewhere else for them.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

pay close attention , the rods in the pic are H beam rods,,,the prices quoted are for I beam rods(stock type) it says they also sell the H beam,,just a play on words and pics....the H beam prices are towards bottom of ad...prices are just a little lower than Jegs ,,,looks like a good deal to me..they don't sell locally so they don't undercut the shops they distibute to....JMO
Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

They're honest, i bought an Eagle 383" balanced rotator assy from them about 3 mos. ago for a customer, my cost $593.01 and $60.00 shipping, i ordered it on friday, and it came the following wensday. They shipped the same day it was purchased.

Zip.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Ok thanks guys... I was just wondering...?
I am window shopping for parts to build a guy a dirt street-stock engine on a very tight budget. I want to stay away from used parts if I can, because I have been burned way too many times. I also believe in floating pin rods only.

I scruitinized this ad here very caefully, so I immediately noticed the pics and descriptions listed, but still those prices seem the lowest I have ever seen for American/non-asian built parts.

Over on eBay, Skip White is selling some overseas off brands for cheap, and KMJ is unloading the same ones on auction style starting at $.99
He only lists one set at a time that way, (the rest for under $150 a set) and I have seen some close out way cheaper than their full asking price.

I may have to try that game to see if I can get lucky... if not I will give these FAProducts guys a call and get a feel about their customer service...

Thanks again for the feedback,
Jim
Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Jim,

Skip White, sells ProComp stuff, and so do i, i just don't advertise anywhere. The Eagle kit i mentioned has SIR floating pins rods and cast steel crank, with Hyperutectic pistons. They are better than the ProComp stuff. Eagle does the in house HT and machining, ProComp is done in China. I'm not trying to lose a sale, just being honest.

This is the best deal on the net.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/0...R-KIT-SBC.html

Zip.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Yeah Zip, I saw that ad and questioned.. wtf... $593.01...? What is up with the penny...?

I have seen these combos over on eBay for more money, so I was really skeptical that this outfit might be a scam... but if you say it is good honest competition I will trust that and go back to look again a lot harder :wink:

Jim
Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I just looked up the reciept for that rotator assy. I bought it 7/17/09, but the shipping was $75.00 not $60.00 as i previously stated ops:

Zip.