Rhino Scam Ad #1725427

Old 11-28-2009, 06:48 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Default Rhino Scam Ad #1725427

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/5...-Utv-Razr.html

I saw this today and emailed the owner. I knew is was way too cheap.

Here's what I sent him

Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 07:18:34 -0800
Subject: Rhino
To: [email protected]

Saw your ad on RJ.
Could I look at it sometime? Send some pics If you can.

Thanks,
Dennis Gilliam
www.crossbonesmotorsports.com

His reply

RE: RhinoSaturday, November 28, 2009 9:27 AM
From: "Carl Buric" <[email protected]> To: [email protected]

Hello,

The atv is in perfect condition, nothing wrong, not wrecked, never layed down, never dropped, not out on rain ... clean title, first owner and all papers come along with the atv ... The price is 2800 $ shipping included, to your address .We can use a shipping company to protect your money and my atv , it's up to you if you want ... I will handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you. Also, a refund policy will be included ...

Waiting ....

Never layed down? never dropped? How do you drop a rhino?

So I sent..

RE: Rhino Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:35 AM
To: "Carl Buric" <[email protected]>

I'm 1/2 hour from granite. I'll come look at it today.

Thanks,
Dennis Gilliam
www.crossbonesmotorsports.com

Dang this guy is quick
He already responed with

RE: Rhino Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:37 AM
From: "Carl Buric" <[email protected]> To: [email protected]
The atv is located in NC.
We can use a shipping company to protect your money and my atv I will handle the shipping,
so this will be free of charge for you. Also, a refund policy will be included .
For this transaction we will use www.expres.justfree.com (PVT) LTD as a shipping
company.You will send the money to the company for security, after this deposit is done to
Expres Logistics they will start the shipping of my atv to your address.
After you receive the atv you will have 15 days of inspection, if you find something wrong
or if you do not like it anymore you will send the atv back and your money will be returned
to you. Expres Logistics will release the money to me ONLY after you receive the atv and the inspection is done.
The atv has title clear, all papers and a bill of sale come along with the atv so you can
register it on your name. This transaction takes 2 days to complete and is safe and secure.
If something is wrong with the atv or papers you will return it on my expences and you will
receive your money back but i assure you everything is OK.
If you are ready to start this transaction go to www.expres.justfree.com register
with your e-mail address and let me know after that so I can start the transaction, after
the transaction is started you will receive all details about the shipping and payment.

Waiting ...
Old 11-28-2009, 07:38 AM
nvmyvettes
MASTER BUILDER

Man, I wonder if anybody falls for that BS. That has let me scam you from start to finish.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:15 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Just send the money to : MANIAC SHIPPING COMPANY
I will give you 15 days to find me , after that , it's finders keepers , loosers weepers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by nvmyvettes
Man, I wonder if anybody falls for that BS. That has let me scam you from start to finish.
People will fall for anything. If you have a PO box, put an add in the local paper saying, "Last chance, ends this weekend. Send $1.00 cash to PO box (your address)" and see how many people reply.
:shock: :shock:
Dave
Old 11-28-2009, 10:45 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Slowmotion....

When I read about the never been dropped it reminded me that when they are shipped to the dealer they are shipped in a crate in pieces. The dealer has to assemble them when they recieve them. I found this out when I went and looked for the one I got. i questioned an extra charge that they had and thats what they told me. They even took me to the back and showed me them putting some together. Just letting you know. 8)

Also this is totally a scam due to the fact that mine being completely stock and not upgraded cost a lot more than that.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

what a total scam. :roll: this guys like mike2124 all grown up :roll:
Old 11-28-2009, 11:56 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Slowmotion....

When I read about the never been dropped it reminded me that when they are shipped to the dealer they are shipped in a crate in pieces. The dealer has to assemble them when they recieve them. I found this out when I went and looked for the one I got. i questioned an extra charge that they had and thats what they told me. They even took me to the back and showed me them putting some together. Just letting you know. 8)

Also this is totally a scam due to the fact that mine being completely stock and not upgraded cost a lot more than that.
I've seen vehicles come into a Honda/Yamaha dealer. They are in pieces to cut down on the size of the shipment.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

What seems to be the problem? sounds like he is willing to ship it on his dime? :roll:

I wonder how many suckers they get to fall for that. Tell him you are going on a trip this weekend and will be traveling through NC and would like to pick it up. see what he says.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Went through the same thing w/a 04 Tahoe for 3500 last week. I did what Tod said... Told him I would only buy it in person. The seller said "it is in Idaho"... I will ship to your door in 4 to 5 days. I said perfect!! "I am actually going to be in Idaho in a week to visit my cousin"... I can pay you cash. He said: "That is not possible, I am on a Army base about to be deployed to Afghanistan & I have turned the vehicle over to E Bay under the buyer protection program". He went on to say that I had a 3 day period to deny the vehicle if I did not like it... blah blah bbbbblah... I finally said we already give your country ENOUGH money as it is... which part of China/Asia are you in right now??? They wanted a money graham... they even sent FAKE E-Bay forms to me!! WTH!!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 PM
thecurti
JUNIOR BUILDER

Tell him to give you the address, tell him i will pick it up this weekend for you :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -