Thread: Piston dome.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Piston dome.

If I remove 10 gr.weight from the dome of a 2618 piston what would the change be in dome cc.Thanks Bill Bates.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    That's almost impossible to caculate due to the configuration of the dome shape. The only acurate way is to make a reverse cup and CC it before and after.

Zip.

Hi Zip, I might have asked that the wrong way.What I would like to know is how much 1 cc of 2618 aluminum weighs.Say 1 cc=5 gr.I can do work to the top of a piston and know by the weight differance before and after what I removed in cc.It's easyer for me to check weight than dome cc. How's the 434 doing.Bill Bates.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    That makes it easier, it's 2.6 to 2.8 grams per CC of 2618 alum.

The 434" is ready to drop in, i was just waiting for the end of the season. I've got to make some changes in my motor mounts and front plate due to the 2" to 2 1/8 step headers, in fact i have to cut the stock motor mounts off the chassis to clear the headers. They are Lemons and i don't want to beat up a $1400.00 set of headers.

Zip.

Thanks Zip that's what I was looking for.I hear you on the Lemons,nice headers.Bill Bates.