New turbo 400w/brake moves forward while button held??????

Old 11-14-2009, 06:59 PM
robertstell
APPRENTICE

Default New turbo 400w/brake moves forward while button held??????

All wiring is correct, made sure I have 12 volts to the solenoid, but when I push the transbrake button the car does stay still until I try to get on the chip and then it will move like it is trying to come off the brake. The fluid is correct, trans is new, godley turbo 400 with brake.... any ideas would greatly be appreciated...if I leave the rpms down while trans button is pushed it will stay still, but if I bring the rpms up it is like it just slips out of the locked position and moves forward.... rob
Old 11-15-2009, 05:57 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I would look at the line pressure. I would be on the phone with your trans builder if this is new. This post tells us more than your other post. It tells me that your solenoid is working. You may find that there is a valve body issue here.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:04 AM
robertstell
APPRENTICE

Default turbo 400 brake

how can i check the line pressures, i did pull the solenoid out and checked the valve for any burrs and it moves freely...correct, the solenoid does activate and goes in and out after the box counts down but just wont hold the car when rpm`s are brought up, thanks rob...
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It sounds like Valve Body. What could be happening is the solenoid is not bottoming out the valve on the transbrake. To check this, take the solenoid off, remove the spring off the valve, start the valve w/o bottoming it out, stick solenoid on, push the plunger in, take it off and check to see if valve is completely bottomed.