SBF questions

Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 PM
fbodyjunkie
JOURNEYMAN

Default SBF questions

I'm a true blue chevyman and never messed with a ford, so this like starting over for me. It's a 1991 LX Mustang. Here's the combo from the ad I got the car from. Sorry it's all in caps. 302 ROLLER MOTOR, STANDARD BORE, STOCK FORGED PISTONS, EAGLE H-BEAM RODS, STOCK CRANK, BLOCK IS O-RINGED, 600 LIFT HYD ROLLER CAM, CANTON 7 QUART PAN, VICTOR JR. INTAKE WITH FOGGER, 750 HP HOLLEY, MSD BILLET DIST, AND 6AL IGNITION. P.B.M. ALUMINUM HEADS, 2.02/1.60 VALVES. SHEET METAL VALVE COVERS. Ok here's the problem the block is toast, big crack in the block above the oil filter.(thats the way I got it) Was looking at building a 347 but was told about the rod angles being bad in these. So now I'm looking at building a 408 stroker for it.(wheeler motors stroker kit) With the parts I have should I just try and piece the 302 back together and not mess with having to get new parts. Or go for the 408 and need intake and headers for it? Also as for the heads, how much lift will these take to be cheap heads(Pro-Comp)? The old combo ran 9.80-9.90's on a 1000ft track W/O juice, so it wasn't too bad for a stock suspension car on radials. Thanks for your input and help.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

You can try this forum also. It only deals with mustangs. I am on there too. They seem pretty cool and knowledgeable.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/s...66#post5761866
Old 11-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Trailerpro
APPRENTICE

Fordmuscle.com also has some pretty savvy ford builders too.