Buyers Beware: mrbob (#25617) Illinois

Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
jonlil77
SHOW GUEST

Default Buyers Beware: mrbob (#25617) Illinois

Just a quick rundown. I bought a 67 camaro street strip car from mrbob that supposedly had a well built 408 motor. I paid 14,500 cash.Issues: Vac canister was hooked up backwards so i fixed it then for some reason motor started ticking. Pulled off valve covers to see a GM stamping, it was supposed to have ported dart pro1 iron heads! They were 292 GM heads. Some guide plates manley others comp,2 different brand rockers,comp and crane.! Well gonna check valve lash anyway. Pulled all plugs and tried to rotate over, and crank bolt was loose,it would not tighten! i backed it out and it had epoxy all over it! Took pics of crank snout and put on computer to see it was stripped to hell! I wanna see the bottom end so i pulled the pan. Well it wasn't a 4 bolt SPLAYED block as i was told, was 4 bolt factory block. Next , Supposed to have crower rods, they look to be the junk aluminum rods on ebay for like 250$. Crank is a GM factory 400 cast by looking up the numbers. Not the 4340 It was supposed to be. Pistons were srp stamped 41f on the bottom. Supposed to be 13 to 1 forged, i have yet to confirm this. This engine was supposed to be fully forged shifted at 6800 and the car ran 10.1-10.2 in the quarter. By looking up the cam it is a comp 12-901-9 Circle track cam. No ARP hardare on this thing at all! I highly doubt it has the Art carr Tranny and Converter. Looks to me to be a bunch of junk with a big cam to make a sale. I called the guy after my first discoveries only to get told impossible i did not sell you junk and get hung up on! He knows what he did and I got screwed royally.
The engine was" supposed" to be a fresh build. It is not splayed,no forged crank,bad stock cast one at that. Junk 70's heads that are not the Dart Pro 1 ported ones it was supposed to have. He said HE built the motor so the buck cant be passed.

This GUY is a SCAMMER and LIAR.

The car was bought on racing junk. Search for ad 1602461 to see.

The guy I bought the car from was:
Robert E Beasley Jr and Sandra M Beasley
Chebanse,Il. 60922

Stay clear of any dealings he has removed his email and phone number from his posts,he is dodging me.
He is looking for a 67-9 camaro currently with an attempt to trade a trailer also.He must still have my cash but won't make good on this deal. Stay clear of the trailer as there was a title issue per his own words to me.

I wish I had been warned before my dealings before I was taken. Hope I can help anyone out.

His famous words are I AM AN HONEST MAN AND A MAN OF MY WORD
Old 11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Do you have pics of the internals of the engine?? Just so that we can verify what you are saying is true. Not saying that you are. Posting pics would also make it hard for him to say that you are lying.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Buyers Beware: mrbob (#25617) Illinois

[quote="jonlil77"]Just a quick rundown. I bought a 67 camaro street strip car from mrbob that supposedly had a well built 408 motor. I paid 14,500 cash.Issues: Vac canister was hooked up backwards so i fixed it then for some reason motor started ticking. Pulled off valve covers to see a GM stamping, it was supposed to have ported dart pro1 iron heads! They were 292 GM heads. Some guide plates manley others comp,2 different brand rockers,comp and crane.! Well gonna check valve lash anyway. Pulled all plugs and tried to rotate over, and crank bolt was loose,it would not tighten! i backed it out and it had epoxy all over it! Took pics of crank snout and put on computer to see it was stripped to hell! I wanna see the bottom end so i pulled the pan. Well it wasn't a 4 bolt SPLAYED block as i was told, was 4 bolt factory block. Next , Supposed to have crower rods, they look to be the junk aluminum rods on ebay for like 250$. Crank is a GM factory 400 cast by looking up the numbers. Not the 4340 It was supposed to be. Pistons were srp stamped 41f on the bottom. Supposed to be 13 to 1 forged, i have yet to confirm this. This engine was supposed to be fully forged shifted at 6800 and the car ran 10.1-10.2 in the quarter. By looking up the cam it is a comp 12-901-9 Circle track cam. No ARP hardare on this thing at all! I highly doubt it has the Art carr Tranny and Converter. Looks to me to be a bunch of junk with a big cam to make a sale. I called the guy after my first discoveries only to get told impossible i did not sell you junk and get hung up on! He knows what he did and I got screwed royally.
The engine was" supposed" to be a fresh build. It is not splayed,no forged crank,bad stock cast one at that. Junk 70's heads that are not the Dart Pro 1 ported ones it was supposed to have. He said HE built the motor so the buck cant be passed.

This GUY is a SCAMMER and LIAR.

The car was bought on racing junk. Search for ad 1602461 to see.

The guy I bought the car from was:
Robert E Beasley Jr and Sandra M Beasley
Chebanse,Il. 60922

Stay clear of any dealings he has removed his email and phone number from his posts,he is dodging me.
He is looking for a 67-9 camaro currently with an attempt to trade a trailer also.He must still have my cash but won't make good on this deal. Stay clear of the trailer as there was a title issue per his own words to me.

I wish I had been warned before my dealings before I was taken. Hope I can help anyone out.

His famous words are I AM AN HONEST MAN AND A MAN OF MY WORD

Jonlil: Sorry to hear about the deal. It would be good for the seller to come on here & state his side... might get resolved here if he does. Who knows, I could be wrong. Unlike some other posts, you sound like you have done some homework & disclosed some rellevant info. What about the seller... he a member here? Anyone PM him yet? How is the rest of the car? I don't understand why a seller thinks a buyer will not find the things you did; ie, splayed caps, forged vs crank, block identification, etc... it amazes me. I agree w/ Dirka... pic's are a good thing too. Good luck!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

claiming to be an honest man?? isnt that the same thing littlehotrod says, that must be a scammer thing to blow your own horn about how honest they are :?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:23 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Scammers should practice blowing their horn,it will come in handy in their future jail sentence....... :shock:
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

damn, I feel your pain, been there done that except my guys excuse was "thats what I was told was in the motor".

I sent him a PM, lets see if he replies...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-05-2009, 01:11 PM
jonlil77
SHOW GUEST

Default Pics Link added

just a few pics: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/jonlil77/
Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Wow. I looked at the ad and then looked at the pics. He has got A LOT of explaining to do. Also he needs to decide how he is going to be fixing this. JMO
Old 11-05-2009, 01:39 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

supposed to have crower rods, they look to be the junk aluminum rods on ebay for like 250$.

Those are not aluminum they are steel H-Beams not that it is going to make a lot of difference at this point though man i hate to see this kinda crap.

I wish you all the luck in the world on getting something done about it .it is amazing that people do this and then don't think it will get out or that they will get away with it sorry to see this happen to you .
Old 11-05-2009, 02:00 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

SOMEONE[THE SELLER?????] IS LIEING THRU HIS TEETH ops: ops:

YOU [THE BUYER--]GOT SCREWED!!!!!!!!!
THAT WAS SIMPLE ENOUGH :lol:
NOW--MY ?????? WAS THIS CAR BUILT BY THIS GUY OR DID HE BUY IT BUILT????
DID HE TELL YOU OR SHOW YOU A BUILD SHEET FOR THIS ENGINE[PARDON ME] PEACE OF JUNK :shock: :shock: :shock:
MAN -I GET VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY UPSET AT CROOKED PEOPLE :cry: :cry:
KEEP AFTER THIS GUY TILL HE DOES SOMETHING TO CORRECT THIS JUNK HE SCAMMED YOU FOR :shock: :shock:
LIVELY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -