ladder bar adjustment

Old 10-31-2009, 02:48 PM
72sat
SHOW GUEST

Default ladder bar adjustment

ok,here's the deal.I was at the track today with a friend,who has a twin turbo monster.chrysler B body car that weights in at 3250 w/o driver,makes 1300-1500hp(did I say monster).anyway about 30-40 feet out the tires break loose.his on drag radials to day.a couple of weeks ago he was on slicks,and it did the same.I think his ladder bars need to be adjusted.I think that after the hit,the tires break loose when the weight settles back down.this is ladder bars with coil overs.the bar is in the upper most hole.educate me please.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:39 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Ladder bars with 1500 HP? The setting would likely have to be near the pavement low to be remotely effective with that much power. What I mean is that the bars front elevation will have to be set down in the lowest possible hole you have on your car. Even lowering the ride height some in addition will improve the traction and IC height setting. Good luck with hooking that thing up.
Bruce
Old 10-31-2009, 08:42 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Bruce is a carpenter on this one he hit the nail right on the head.
Below is an over 3,000 lb local truck with stock frame and ladder bars runs 5.30's all day long with a 582" on gas and is deadly consistent. NOTE!!! the ladder bars are pointing almost to the ground, and carries the front wheels 200 to 300 ft.

Zip.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:40 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

yep what they said, i,m surprised all four tires didn,t leave the track, with that hp, and bar setting.