Truth in advertising.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Truth in advertising.

This guy's sales pitch could use some work....but hey at least he is honest.

This auction is for a junk Road Demon Jr carb. I hate it and was going to throw it away but I thought that I would let someone else share in the misery of this carb. I recommend using it on a new engine so that when you start it, you can fill up the cylinders with fresh fuel and break in the engine correctly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Road-...item35a459fb4f
Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

HEY ! At least he has a sense of humor !!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

sense of humor and honest, we need more of that! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

better yet, what about ads like this? I copied and pasted this directly from an ad and this is all the ad says! I have nothing against people that cant spell or type but this is to funny!

pontiac lemans chevy big block w/ too much to list very health strong tran also strong to the diff all strange axel to axel must fuel cell center racing wheels roll cage wheely bars olive green must move need space lost intress

WTH??? :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-22-2009, 11:24 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

must be some different launguage :?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Look at the description...where it says "Placement onj vehicle" he has "rear" and where it says "other part numbers" it says "junk" :lol:

actually this isn't the first time I've heard of a new barry grant carb having metal shavings in it.....I'm thinking it might be worth getting cheap and throwing a kit in it.......but knowing some people on ebay...some guy will buy it and then leave him a negative freedback when it doesn't work....lol
Old 10-22-2009, 09:16 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
better yet, what about ads like this? I copied and pasted this directly from an ad and this is all the ad says! I have nothing against people that cant spell or type but this is to funny!

pontiac lemans chevy big block w/ too much to list very health strong tran also strong to the diff all strange axel to axel must fuel cell center racing wheels roll cage wheely bars olive green must move need space lost intress

He only mispelled 3 words: wheelie, axle & interest, I understood it fine....lol
Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Ok, this was copied right out of our very own electrical problems section. the guy was trying to help, I'll give him that much - but dam.....

"well if tat ont fix it try checking the crank sencer it coud e craked or the ir ap gets to ide fom the vibrtion of the moter"
Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Originally Posted by harbone66

He only mispelled 3 words: wheelie, axle & interest, I understood it fine....lol

You got to go to the site to enjoy this one. I didnt see it at first till Tod pointed out what was funny. Once I saw that I couldnt help but laugh.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

thats like the guy in the street asking for spare change and the
sign reads, " i won't lie, i want a beer" :wink: