Trouble when dealing with Trouble44 Ohio

Old 10-21-2009, 10:50 AM
dano350
SHOW GUEST

Default Trouble when dealing with Trouble44 Ohio

When dealing with him beware that you are getting what his add reads and what you are told by him personally. Our deal was on a project truck and felt he might make it right when i contacted him but no such luck. I traveled a long distance to get hosed by Trouble44. So anyone looking at any of his higher priced vehicles beware

I had $1500 in the truck, I was asking $1800 and came down $400, I can not take a bigger loss than $100, I am not trying to be tough here but I have already dropped from the asking price, I cant go any lower, Just like you I bought the truck the way it was sitting.

On [2009-10-02 18:54:03] dano350 wrote:
> Well Phil I appreciate the advice about the engine but when i installed the water pump fitting that was missing for the heater hose last night and started to put antifreeze in. the coolant was running out of a missing frost plug so i had a good look at the block and it is cracked near the deck surface on the same side as the missing frost plug. the engine does run fine for an old 350 but what good is it with a cracked block. If you think you can get $500 for the engine send me $400 and i will make the 350 mile trip back and drop it at your door step and that will allow you to make $100. that will cover the $100 you dropped on the price. As I said in the earlier email i know its not alot of money but i would like to get what i paid for. It is to bad the neighbour came later than me i would be interested in how you would deal with these problems with him. I was not happy about the trans. not being a 4spd as you advertised and told me but know it is even more frustrating and i hope this is not the way you usually do business let me know if we can work something between us before i go any further
>
> Thanks Dan
>
> On [2009-10-01 20:42:38] Trouble44 wrote:
> > I can even give you the guys name I got it from he thought it was a 4sp also, But the truck has a cab worth a grand and the engine is a nice little motor that around here I could get $500 out of on its own, Thanks

I am sorry I thought it was a 4 sp because that is what I was told, and I never drove it anywhere but on your trailer, I have already lost $100 on the truck to you. I have $1500 in the truck and I didn't even want to sell it for the $1400 but because I was wrong on the cab I let it go, I just cant take anymore of a loss on the truck, Plus after it was gone my neibor came down and was willing to give me the $1K for thee cab, Like I said I am sorry I honestly thought it was a 4sp but I cant take any more of a loss

> > On [2009-10-01 19:38:24] dano350 wrote:
> > > Hey Phil just got the truck home had to leave it in storage at border until the title cleared, I i do have one problem with the truck in your add you stated it was a 4 spd. trans. and when we talked the morning i bought it you again said it was a 4 spd. Saginaw and that set up alone was worth $500.00 well when I unloaded it i thought maybe the shifter was needing adjusting but when I got under the truck to check it out it has a 3 spd. Saginaw. I know it is a project truck and were not dealing with much money I am not looking for $500.00 but would you have a 4spd. and I would would return the 3 spd. or would you be willing to give me $250.00 and i will try to find one. If you could let me know what you can do I would appreciate it.
> > >
> > > Thanks Dan
> > >

> > > On [2009-09-02 16:30:33] Trouble44 wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Yes I have a title for the truck, All the photos I have are on here right now. Thansk

> > > > On [2009-09-02 12:46:14] dano350 wrote:
> > > > > Hi Phil, Do you have a title for the truck or cab and would you send some more pics. of the truck and cab
Old 10-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Dan,

But what I read below, it's seemed he misrepresented the truck & blamed it on the previous owner (classic). At minimum, I see a cracked block, a 3spd that should have been a 4spd, & a missing freeze plug... significant stuff. I too would be disappointed & upset... especially if he took no effort to make it right!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

i would be pissed too. you ended up with a truck with a worthless powertrain.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:23 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

good old phil another guy making a living on rj has more than one name on the site, i didnt see anywhere in there that phil was willing to take the truck back did anybody else??? these guys making a living off rj are killing the site!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Trouble44
APPRENTICE

This guy showed up here and bought the truck where it sat, I told him I had never drove the truck, I told him what I knew about the truck is what I was told, I also told I heard it run, and started it for him and drove it up on the trailer, He made me an offer on the truck less than I wanted to take, I told him if he wanted the truck right then for that fine if not leave it where it sat. What he is not telling you is that he was supposed to be here on a friday and didn't show up, He also showed up while I was trying to leave and I really didn't want to mess with it. Now he looked it over and decided to take the truck. Now when you sell a project truck and tell the guy you dont know alot about it what are you to do, I came down to $1400 on the truck it was sold as is, he looked at it and took. Take a look at the photos of the truck, The best thing about the truck was the cab, I even told him that on the phone. Like I said the truck was sold as is where is for $1400.00 But ask him to show a reciet, He ask me to put $500 on a reciept so that he wouldn't have to pay taxes on it going to canada, Maybe they should know what he really paid for it.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Hasn't that name been here before :?: :?: ''Trouble44'' ''Hey Tom'' can you check this :?:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 10-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Trouble44
APPRENTICE

I guess if that is the way you feel than that is fine, you were told I did not know much about the truck, You were alos told on the phone besides the cab there was not much else good about the truck, You were also told it was sold as is, look looked and made an offer correct? You made an offer for a different price that was dicussed on the phone correct? I excepted your offer on the truck while you were standing beside the truck correct? So I excpeted your offer after you looked at the truck. If you do not feel it is worth what you paid and you looked the truck over, why did you make an offer. If you would have paid what I was asking I might feel different, but you came, you looked and offered me less, so to me that puts the deal back on you. If you are havinf buyers remorse, sorry that is not my fault. The truck was sold as is where is and you knew that and still looked it over and made me an offer. End of story.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Trouble44
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Hasn't that name been here before :?: :?: ''Trouble44'' ''Hey Tom'' can you check this :?:

Go ahead and check into it, I can line up all sorts of friends on this site, I have also posted where I was hosed out of a carb with a guy, what upsets me is this guy came here and looked this truck over and offered me less than waht was even dicussed on the phone, when he looked at it and offers less, to me that makes it a done deal. If you would look at the phots of the add you would understand. I told him what I was told when I bought the truck off of here, it was a non running parts truck with an extra cab, He beat on the price on the phone and offered less when he got here, no warranty implied not at all it was a part truck.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:14 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Trouble44
Originally Posted by mopar1968

Go ahead and check into it, I can line up all sorts of friends on this site, I have also posted where I was hosed out of a carb with a guy, what upsets me is this guy came here and looked this truck over and offered me less than waht was even dicussed on the phone, when he looked at it and offers less, to me that makes it a done deal. If you would look at the phots of the add you would understand. I told him what I was told when I bought the truck off of here, it was a non running parts truck with an extra cab, He beat on the price on the phone and offered less when he got here, no warranty implied not at all it was a part truck.
YOU sold the truck, sir. And you sold it as "I was told". Well the fact is YOU sold it. IF it was misrepresented to you is not the fault of the person who bought it. And how did he 'beat you' out of $100? You didn't have to accept it, period. Selling it as a 4 speed, and selling it with missing parts, ie, the water pump hose fitting so it could not be verified that water was not leaking somewhere is at the very least, suspicious to me. Now, you have posted you were hosed out of a carb on here. So, stop and think, did you enjoy that hosing? I believe, at the least, you of all people should see where he is coming from...
Old 10-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Trouble44
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by kw89425
good old phil another guy making a living on rj has more than one name on the site, i didnt see anywhere in there that phil was willing to take the truck back did anybody else??? these guys making a living off rj are killing the site!!!
Sorry not making a living off of this site, in fact for a cash sale Criags list give better results. I have made some trades on here but that seems to be all that has ever happened. Cash sales come from craigs list and word of mouth around where I live. Maybe before make comments someone should look st the hole story, and yes even before I knew there was any problem with this deal the site was paid for the sale. Oh and by the way, I only use one name and have since I started, Plus I have a full time job, this is a hobby. The truck was sold as is, did he tell you that? Did he tell you he asked for a reciept less than what he paid so he wouldn't have to pay taxes going across the border? If we would go from the reciept, He only paid $500 for the truck. Did he tell you that he offered less than whet he aggreed on the phone? Did he tell you he came and looked at the truck and was told that I knew nothing excpet what I was told and what we could see? Did he tell you that on the phone he was told except for the extra cab with the truck it really wasn't worth much? I even told him on the trans I was told it was a saginaw but I had never been under the truck. I bet he didn't bother to tell you those things. Oh and when he bought the truck he was told it was a part truck as is where is, i'll bet he didn't tell you that either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -