Dragster winter storage Alky

Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default Dragster winter storage Alky

I have purchased my 1st dragster with Alcohol motor.. Unfortuneately it will not fit in my garage for winter storage.
So it will need to live in my trailer in the winter ive never done that before.
To store it i will run antifreeze thu it.. My question is the fuel system i run alcohol ..how should i "winterize the fuel system

How should i prepare the motor for storage- i was going to use engine stor that is used in boats.

Any suggestions please share them..

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Just drain the fuel out of it, if its a carb empty the bowls. If injection take the inlet line off and spray wd-40 in it.

The pumps spray wd-40 in them. Make sure tires are not on the floor of trailer. Other then that call it a done deal ...
Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

same here and if I'm not gonna start the engine for a while I will kill it by shuting off fuel and squirt a 2cycle oil /gas mix in hat until it is soaked good and let it die ..never had any problems with this procedure ,just my routine, can't hurt,,,Paul
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default winterize

Thanks! im going to leave the rear tires on the ground - new ones will go on in the spring!!
Stinks i only was able to get enough passes for my license!!.. going from 10:30's to 7 50 .. is a diff world.. i really needed more seat time.!!

Thanks again
Keith
Old 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

We always store the car in the trailer, the motor comes in to the shop. As for the car, it gets antifreeze in the radiator and gets racing gas put into the cell. We empty the cell of the alky. Only put about a gallon of gas in it as that should fill up some of the lines and stop the left over alky residue from getting gummy. The carb, pump and filter come in the shop. They get emptied and cleaned up. We fill them full of WD 40. We put the pump and the carb in their own separate plastic bags, like a Summit bad and the spray the inside of the bag coating everything in WD40 as well before sealing the bag. As for the motor, in the shop with the rocker arms loose.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:35 AM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default winter storage

Shawn .. so you put a gal of gas in the cell?.. Do you drain it out again in the spring? You dont start the car with the gas in there do you?

Thanks
Keith
Old 10-17-2009, 04:03 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

The cell is drained in the spring. It's just enough to push into the fuel lines, that is all. Car gets started on alky in the spring. Just make sure you cap the ends of the fuel lines off and zip tie them off so they are upright so no fuel can run out.