want to race asphalt oval trucks

Old 10-13-2009, 06:00 PM
motoxer66
SHOW GUEST

Default want to race asphalt oval trucks

im a 20 yr old motocross racer and i want to get into some auto racing and i am most attracted to the truck racing.// im looking to get my worth out of racing...im not in it just for fun...i want to win and make myself some cash...i want to know where to start and where to go to learn about the racing and to talk to event organizers. im located in southern cali any help wil be appreciated
Old 10-13-2009, 06:11 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

We all want to win and make some cash. But we cant do that unless we have fun. Racing is fun. If you dont have fun then you wont win. In My Opinion.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 PM
motoxer66
SHOW GUEST

this is very true...and your right it is about having fun i just wanna know where to start is all
Old 10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

what kind of asphalt racing are you talking about?? Craftsman Truck Series or just small oval racing
Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 PM
motoxer66
SHOW GUEST

see thats my problem...im pretty new to everything and im not sure what the differences are...i wolud assume that you have to start off in regional racing before you move on in to the big dogs????

thanks for taking the time to answer the questions
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well first of all racing is not a cheap sport. The best thing to do is to go to the local tracks and see how everybody else is doing it and talk with them to see if it will be something that you would want to do. The best thing to do is just start slow and small and go from there. You never know you might love racing at the small level and not want to get to the big level in NASCAR.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

get in the dirt frist.

you will learn how to drive there
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I like to see interest given to any sport, especially racing.
Just a few notes on the making money side:

1. 99% of drag racers never break even. I'm sure it's the same with round and mud and road racing.

2. I consider the cost, as an entertainment fee for having fun and fellowship with family and racing friends. If I go a few rounds to pay for maintenance, it's a good thing.

3. If by chance you are making money, you are owned by the "man" and have to show up and attend sponsored events and other tasks.

My opinion and experience..... Dave (still having fun)
Old 10-14-2009, 01:54 PM
motoxer66
SHOW GUEST

well thank you all for the advice...my next question is when where and who puts on the events for truck racing...any websites and info will be helpful..thanks a lot
Old 11-05-2009, 07:33 PM
stickboy331
APPRENTICE

you want to win thats good, if you are racing for fun you are wasting your crews time and your sponsers money! i ran about 100 nights in a asphalt sportsman, as driver car owner .and another 400 as a crew guy on a super late model team. here is what i learned. you cant build a car until you know what you need . find a nice used one to get started , former track champions cars are a good place to start, even better if they will help with set up questions during the season. you will face an almost vertical learning curve that can be expensive, find some one who can be a mentor to you, pay them if you have to. make it fun for your crew!watch what other drivers do. dont beleve every thing they say,say thanks just the same. there are lot of jerks at the tracks .once you get a reputation its almost impossable to change. avoid track politics! on asphalt driver skill will not make up for a bad chassis set up, if you are out to lunch you are going to the back. chassis set up and tire managment are most importent. the most importent of all!!!!!more important than engine power. safety equipment get the best there is. sooner or later you will crash,land on your head,or catch on fire. find an engine builder who will work with you. within the rules and has experiance with circle track racing. a good engine should run all season with regular mantance. treat all track officals with respect, even when they are wrong, this can have great benifits later on. racing wheel to wheel is a great thrill, its even better when you win. forget about the money that comes later. maybe. remember its all about the show for the fans. stickboy331

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -