My Dream

Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
hayn40
SHOW GUEST

Default My Dream

Hi im a 35 year old male just moved to Reno Nevada from Hawaii. Im interested in building a strip And Strip car here in Nevada, but times is hard for me right now cause I just got a job and don't have that kind of money to spend all one time for a car. Im really a loyal and honest and trustworthy person. So if anyone out there can help me please im willing to make payments on terms. Please help out my dream Thank you and aloha!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Ok I have seen your post before somewhere but I cant remember where. I think they were on Craigslist. How does anybody know you are not going to scam them out of money. Nobody knows. So that is prolly the reason why nobody has helped you already. Just my Opinion.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:52 AM
hayn40
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Ok I have seen your post before somewhere but I cant remember where. I think they were on Craigslist. How does anybody know you are not going to scam them out of money. Nobody knows. So that is prolly the reason why nobody has helped you already. Just my Opinion.
hey dirka i not like that who ever helps me out i would make a promissary note and have it notarized and they could be the linen holder on the car title till im done paying it off.Or hold the car at their home till i done paying it off thanks and aloha
Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry if I came off a lil bit harsh. I really didnt mean to.

With that said here is what you can do. Go to the classifieds here on RJ and look for something that you want run. BTW what kind of racing do you want to do?? I am currently getting a 93 Stang to run down the strip.

Once you find one go to the Feedback and Scammer section on the forums here and give us the ad # and name. The guys on here are great and will help get you info on guys on here if they can find it. Then from there it will be your choice if you want to deal with them and just get a hold of them and ask questions.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:13 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Ask Obama for 'help'. Line up for your $3000 as the folks in Chicago/Detroit did.
Hey man, THIS IS AMERICA ! We are STILL allowed to go and WORK for what ever our dream is.
You'll get MUCH more satsisfaction out of 'DOING it yourself' instead of all of it HANDED to ya.
Bust your butt like everyone else !! :? :? :?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Lance, here is how I would do this if i had to start over again w/ little/no money.

Get an engine-stand & a SBC core. Build the motor up to 400HP as you go, on a budget, not going too crazy w/ the idea you can at least run pump-gas/mix. You will get help along the way from good people like on RJ. When you network a project like this, you run into deals too.

Next, get a TCI or similar transmission for about 1K or less. Then buy a approximately a 3500 stall to go w/ it.

Once you have done the above on a budget over time, you will have gained valuable experience & saved some money... plus you will KNOW what you have.

Last: here is where you may get some help on terms.... buy a "Roller" body, chassis/cage, complete car less eng/trans... w/ fuel system & electronics. You may have better luck getting someone to finance a roller... at the very least, you will save money & gain knowledge. Good Luck!! Scooter
Old 10-12-2009, 04:06 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

X2 with Rigsby. That is how i started. one piece at a time it may take a little longer but in the end it all comes together. But i made the mistake of tryin to go to big to fast. Sold everything and got into the high dollar stuff and ran myslef broke. Now I sold everthing off and starting over. So just dont try to get to ahead of your pocket book
Old 10-14-2009, 04:41 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

lance37 wrote " Im really a loyal and honest and trustworthy person"

the last person who got on here telling us how great he was , is still trying to ship a torque convertor back to someone he was HONEST to