Need Some Input On Trade Do you know this truck?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 AM
nvmyvettes
MASTER BUILDER

Default Need Some Input On Trade Do you know this truck?

Hey Guys like everyone else I like to trade.This one stumps me though.I have a chance to trade for this.Its titled as a 39 Chevy truck. From what I know about these, this one has a 39 Chevy car front clip and obviously has a 90s chevy truck rear.Its on an S10 frame with a 350 V/8.Its got a lot of custom work done.If its done right its a sweet ride. Does anyone know this truck?
[img]

[/img]
Old 09-30-2009, 08:00 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It's very rare when a crafter mixes old and new and it comes out as a successfully appealing package. THIS rig is very visually appealing to me. "It Works"... I'd love to see it 'live and in the flesh .'

How much of the body mods are real steel and how much is plastic filler ?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
It's very rare when a crafter mixes old and new and it comes out as a successfully appealing package. THIS rig is very visually appealing to me. "It Works"... I'd love to see it 'live and in the flesh .'

How much of the body mods are real steel and how much is plastic filler ?
To each their own I guess... Looks like blasphemy to me.

Bed is too wide for the cab. The step is too thick to match the running board thickness. I dig the front bumper with the headlights though. The bed though... bleh... But again, to each their own.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

It looks alright to me. But I am with OneBad with the bed. I feel that they could have done a better job mating it up.

OneBad you see headlights? I dont see them. LOL
Old 09-30-2009, 09:28 AM
nvmyvettes
MASTER BUILDER

Guess Im gonna go look at it.I was hoping someone on here was from the Dayton area and knew the truck .Its a 8 hour round trip.Im with Miss D,I wander how mich is fabbed and how much is filler. The bed is a little off but overall I like it. One Bad, the headlights are actually in the fenders covered by removable panels painted same color as the truck.I thought that was kinda cheesy.But the guy claims they butt up nice,and most people cant tell where the lights are.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

I'm assuming (my bad) that the headlights are down low in between the fiberglass ribs where the bumper area is. I've seen other cars/trucks done like that before and assumed this one is the same way.

Would also be kinda neat if they made hide aways in the fenders... Turn them on and the big stock looking bug headlamps pop up.

Again, personal preference, but I'd sooner see an old school, flat, stake side bed on it.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

It ain't gonna win the AMBR award.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

No matter what, ya gotta respect the action of the builder crafting his vision. A lot of work went into it. We can sit here a chew up any vehicle ever built by anyone anywhere except our very own 'vision'.........
Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
No matter what, ya gotta respect the action of the builder crafting his vision. A lot of work went into it. We can sit here a chew up any vehicle ever built by anyone anywhere except our very own 'vision'.........
How true.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

X3 DD

I think it is cool that they put covers on the headlights. I would have never thought about that one. As being a builder myself I value how much time and thought that goes into these kinda of vehicles. A lot of hard work and dedication goes a long way when it comes to building cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -