What and how hard to convert to a Lenco?

Old 09-26-2009, 06:12 PM
fbodyjunkie
JOURNEYMAN

Default What and how hard to convert to a Lenco?

I maybe able to get a hold of a 4 speed Lenco tranny. I would be wanting to put it in a 70 Camaro. Has stock firewall and tunnel back to behind the seats. I really don't want to change this if at all possible. So this is really a deciding factor in the swap. I have a turbo 400 in it now. What all has to be done or changed for 1? This is a limited prostreet car is why I ask. If I keep the car, also wondering the benefits or drawbacks to this appl.? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 AM
nan
JOURNEYMAN

I have had 2 Jeffcos, (same style trans) you will have to cut 3, 2.5 inch holes in tunnel for shift towers, and about a 6" slot near the center of the seats for shift levers along with a 5" slot running the same direction as the tunnel for reverse. Or cut out your tunnel and make tabs for d-zus fastners to remove for maint. I enjoyed mine, keep fluid clean and stay on top of shift pressure. Nothing better than pulling levers!