Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: rev manual valve body question?

  1. #1
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    rev manual valve body question?

    I am considering buying a used th-400 and it has a rev. manual. valvebody , do I need to buy a special shifter?

  2. #2
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Yes and no

    If you have a forward pattern shifter, then yes, you need a reverse pattern shifter. Although you will be able to drive with the wrong shifter, you will not be as safe or able to shift quickly or smoothly through the gears. Some shifters can do both by removing a piece or adding a small piece in the gate area. In a reverse valve body, you shift away from reverse from low to high.


  3. #3
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think B&M pro stick come with both gates, or i know for sure the reverse gate can be purchased seperately and Topspeed is correct, it's unsafe unless you have the reverse gate installed.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Copyright © 2005-2016 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy