Young Gun Racing Series

Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 AM
PCDAWG52
SHOW GUEST

Default Young Gun Racing Series

With the growing list of talented young drivers coming up from Super Cups, Legends and Bandos why doesn't someone start a young guns LLM series? Drivers 15-19 with petition for 14year olds with good racing background.

Berlin raceway has a divison at their speedway and it is a good division. New Smirna also showcases yonger talent in their LLM racing in February. I also believe a dirt track in Georgia has experiemented with a Young Gun Program.

A series -or- track needs to see the revenue opportunity as family teams bring a great deal of people through the back and front gates. At the recent Small Car Nationals at DRP 75 teams of super cups, Bandos, Legends and mini mods brought almost three to four people in the back gate per team.

I believe the Midwests young talent needs a stage to gain valuable seat time and show their abilities before going right into programs like ASALMS, WCS, BIG-8 and the like.

They have the talent and have the dedication to the sport. They simply need seat time and exposure.

I welcome your feedback.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

I've heard a a new series in texas but it's a 4 cyl class.Unless they are very experienced a late model and even a mini stock is a handfull for these kids.Mine's been trying to get a handle on his late model of course our's is old outdated and is not completely straight and it's not easy.He can drive it but it's hard to be consistant.Asphalt would be much easier but asphalt in Alabama is few and far between.We feel that once he learns the dirt late model he should be fairly decent in most anything.