doc1racer

Old 09-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

Default doc1racer

hello I have a car on here and the above gentleman wants to buy it.He is going to have it picked up or basically shipped.He said he is going to wire the money and it will be in my account before any shipping is done.has anyone ever done anything like this and are there things I can do to safeguard myself..thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Wire transfers are somewhat safe, but you still need to wait and make sure the funds clear 10 days is what I'd be calling good.

My wife works at a bank and wire transfers sometimes are bogus so they wait to be cleared.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah , I would let my bank know what the deal is and make sure that the money can't be taken back before my car went anywhere . there have been scams where the money was put in , the car shipped and then the transaction reversed leaving the people with no car and no money,,,better yet,,,tell him to give the CASH to the person coming to pick it up so they can pay you , done deal,,,,J M O,,,,Paul
Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

DAMN,,,,I type too slow , David,,,,,my wife works at a bank too, thats the only way I knew it could be reversed , she said it is happening alot lately,, :x
Old 09-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Can you get any personal information on the guy? Full name, address, phone number, etc...
Do some searching on the net to see if his info is legit. DO NOT give him any personal bank info, account numbers, etc.
Lots of scams out there right now, you have to cover your ars!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

I HAVE DONE WIRE TRANSFERS IN THE PAST. Go to your bank and tell them what your doing. My bank open a new account so your buyer can wire the money to your new account number when the money gets there you transfer the money to your regular account and all is good. You can open a new account for free these days.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 2 ON THE NEW ACCT,THATS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT,,
Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

I STILL LIKE THE ''C A S H'' IDEA , IF A PERSON IS COMING TO PICK IT UP , HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A CAR THEN HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH "CASH" BRING ME M O N E Y
Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by maniac
I STILL LIKE THE ''C A S H'' IDEA , IF A PERSON IS COMING TO PICK IT UP , HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A CAR THEN HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH "CASH" BRING ME M O N E Y
My thoughts too. If they are coming to pick up a car then they can go by their bank and get the cash out of it too instead of writing a check.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:07 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

I HERE YA, I SOLD MY 41 COUPE TO A GUY IN YORK PA,SOME TIME BACK.HE GAVE ME 500.00 UP FRONT TO DEL THE CAR,THEN 14000.00 CASH WHEN I GOT THERE,IT DIDNT BOTHER ME ONE BIT TO HAVE THAT MUCH CASH ON ME.RIGHT BESIDE MY 9MM AND BACK TO OKLAHOMA WE CAME..