what is the deal with some people?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

Default what is the deal with some people?

i have been trying to sell (or trade since everybody is broke) my tube chassis i just dont have time to race. this one guy is just plain upset because i wont trade with him. what he has is way to high but i should trade with him anyway he thinks its just what i want. wth? people are crazy. seems mine is junk and not worth much. i get these great trade offers that are worth nothing.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:46 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

To me it seems a lot of people try to get the same price if not a lil more for something that is new.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Like I like to tell myself,"its worth a lot more when someone else owns it".I dont think the reality of a recession has set in yet,btw ,what is your ad #?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:00 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

Ad #1654009
Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kw89425
Ad #1654009
i know what ya Saying Brother..I got a few things listed for sale on here myself....Anyhow i got this Joker sending me messages telling me i should just list the parts and LOSE THE SALES PITCH.....lmao...Can u believe that ?

its Not like i am the Seller or anything....lol....

yes there are some Loons out there...

What some people need to understand is that NOT EVERYONE has to sell off all their stuff For a fraction of what its worth during this economy thing. just stating the facts.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Yea that is too much $ for an s dime,that was kinda the 90's thing,no offense.but they are everywhere,I sold mine about 7 years ago,and pretty much lost my shirt...........
Old 09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

But let me say One other thing about this Buying /selling thing...U just don't ever Know who is Inquiring on your for sale item.

I learned something on a Big ticket Item over a year ago....Read this..

i had a 63 Vette, all Drag car, Suncoast Built.......One Night in September 1 year ago My cell phone rang and a Guy on the other end started asking me Questions..( he talked Funny to me )..he was Canadian...lol...

Anyhow he ask some intelligent Questions that you expect out of Experienced car people ( which is a good indicator on their Buying Potential) ..SO I THOUGHT !!!!!.

After speaking with him 30 minutes or so going into detail how the car was dry sump...could be placed in Pro-mod or Topsportsman class....and how it would touch the High 6's on a good dose of NOS !!!!

here came the BIG QUESTION......"What would it take to make it street legal" :shock: :shock:

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach on how i just wasted 30 minutes of my time and now it was dark and i couldn't finish cutting my grass.

I laughed and said Have a GOOD DAY..this car is Not for You.....and Hung up.

This was on a Tuesday Night......Saturday afternoon this CANADIAN was in my driveway with a 50k pull behind show trailer with OVER $60,000 cash in American dollars....Asking where my Vette was !!! :roll: :wink:

Last time i saw My Vette was Spetember 2008 Heading up I-85 towards CANADA !!!! :shock:

Morale of the Story..." You just Never Know " ! :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-14-2009, 03:37 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
But let me say One other thing about this Buying /selling thing...U just don't ever Know who is Inquiring on your for sale item.

I learned something on a Big ticket Item over a year ago....Read this..

i had a 63 Vette, all Drag car, Suncoast Built.......One Night in September 1 year ago My cell phone rang and a Guy on the other end started asking me Questions..( he talked Funny to me )..he was Canadian...lol...

Anyhow he ask some intelligent Questions that you expect out of Experienced car people ( which is a good indicator on their Buying Potential) ..SO I THOUGHT !!!!!.

After speaking with him 30 minutes or so going into detail how the car was dry sump...could be placed in Pro-mod or Topsportsman class....and how it would touch the High 6's on a good dose of NOS !!!!

here came the BIG QUESTION......"What would it take to make it street legal" :shock: :shock:

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach on how i just wasted 30 minutes of my time and now it was dark and i couldn't finish cutting my grass.

I laughed and said Have a GOOD DAY..this car is Not for You.....and Hung up.

This was on a Tuesday Night......Saturday afternoon this CANADIAN was in my driveway with a 50k pull behind show trailer with OVER $60,000 cash in American dollars....Asking where my Vette was !!! :roll: :wink:

Last time i saw My Vette was Spetember 2008 Heading up I-85 towards CANADA !!!! :shock:

Morale of the Story..." You just Never Know " ! :shock:
That makes the famous saying true.....

Everything is for sale for the right price :twisted: :shock:
Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

A few years ago I sold my 97 vette that I loved. I put it in a local IWANTA and one Thursday morning about 5:30am this country sounding guy asked me when he could pick up the car and would I take cash.
I told him no, bring me a bank check. he hung up. 9:00AM he called and asked what my last name was and hung up. 10:00 am he called asn asked could I meet him at lunch! I said yes, he hung up. I went to my home and he was sitting in front of my house.
I got out of my truck and he got out of his and started walking towards me. He had on coverall's and was carrying a bag. He tossed me the bag and reached in his front top pocket and pulled out a bunch of cash ( which he droped most of it) and a check. He told me to GET OUT HOWEVER MUCH I NEEDED. Their was probably over 70k in the bag and this guy as NEVER EVEN SEEN THE CAR. I had my money before I ever opened the garage door! He got in the car and drove off leaving his truck. I actually miss counted the money by $500 bucks. ( LONG STORY I"LL LEAVE OUT), but I called him that afternoon and ask him if I had droped $500 in the car or if he could re-count the money and see if I had just mis-counted it. He said he didn't know how much he had in the bag but would try to figure it out. I thought I was outta $500 for sure.
He and his wife came to pick up his truck and they gave me a check for $500 and said they were sorry for shorting me!! WTH, I counted the money and they were sorry. :shock: His wife later told me he was going to buy a brand new vette that day and pay cash for it so the way she saw it I saved her about 15k and she was happy!! That is the craziest sell I EVER HAD.
They still have the car and love it!
YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT OR WHO YOUR DEALING WITH!!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
A few years ago I sold my 97 vette that I loved. I put it in a local IWANTA and one Thursday morning about 5:30am this country sounding guy asked me when he could pick up the car and would I take cash.
I told him no, bring me a bank check. he hung up. 9:00AM he called and asked what my last name was and hung up. 10:00 am he called asn asked could I meet him at lunch! I said yes, he hung up. I went to my home and he was sitting in front of my house.
I got out of my truck and he got out of his and started walking towards me. He had on coverall's and was carrying a bag. He tossed me the bag and reached in his front top pocket and pulled out a bunch of cash ( which he droped most of it) and a check. He told me to GET OUT HOWEVER MUCH I NEEDED. Their was probably over 70k in the bag and this guy as NEVER EVEN SEEN THE CAR. I had my money before I ever opened the garage door! He got in the car and drove off leaving his truck. I actually miss counted the money by $500 bucks. ( LONG STORY I"LL LEAVE OUT), but I called him that afternoon and ask him if I had droped $500 in the car or if he could re-count the money and see if I had just mis-counted it. He said he didn't know how much he had in the bag but would try to figure it out. I thought I was outta $500 for sure.
He and his wife came to pick up his truck and they gave me a check for $500 and said they were sorry for shorting me!! WTH, I counted the money and they were sorry. :shock: His wife later told me he was going to buy a brand new vette that day and pay cash for it so the way she saw it I saved her about 15k and she was happy!! That is the craziest sell I EVER HAD.
They still have the car and love it!
YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT OR WHO YOUR DEALING WITH!!
I wish someone woulod do that too me :shock: Anyways, Thats a cool story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -