Street/Strip

Old 09-09-2009, 07:13 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Default Street/Strip

My mentor/friend who has been dragging for 40yrs/ his 9 sec 69 vette at the strip only. He says he hates movies like fast/furious saying all it does is promote young kids to race on the street instead of strip risking thier lives....He doesnt have a hotrod for street never wanted one..Too make a long story short how many of you guys have or do both???? Drag/hotrod all in one or both??? I prefer doing both myself!!! I guess seeing that tragic accident w/the opel got me too thinking to maybe driving a little more carefully even when im on a long straightaway!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:20 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I have both myself, Just got thru building another Dart prostreet, My wife has her Challenger, After a ton of tickets when i was younger i learned to slow down some :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I have a 55 Series 1 Chevy truck that I will be building as a hot rod. I will also be building myself a street/strip car.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I'm a nut on the street :twisted: ,so I drive a slow diesel. 8)
Old 09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm also a nut on the street, so I sold my '61 Merc Meteor with 460/C6 to concentrate on my REAL racecars,.....now I'm too broke to race THEM !
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well, I have a 69 Camaro that has plates/tags... but a cage & slicks. The two are not a very good mix; I was pulled over for the slicks, no wipers, or drivers mirror. He let me go w/a warning. Since then, I put on a factory drivers mirror, & a drivers side wiper (w/o the motor assbly). I kept the slicks on & will take my chances... I drive that car occasionally on the street... but mostly like a grandma. All I can say is that it is hard having both in one car (street/strip). It is like leaving your girlfriend home & taking another girl to the Prom. I drive our Tahoe harder than my Hot Rod. I guess I am getting old.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
fbodyjunkie
JOURNEYMAN

I have a 70 Camaro prostreet with wheelie bars and antique tags on it. I wanted something that would run on pump gas and be just plain nasty to drive around. So I built a small BBC (461) with a F2 procharger for power. It has ET streets and 4" Borla shootout mufflers that dump behind the doors. Its fun to drive around but the cops can hear me for blocks, kind of hard to hide. Told me it's too loud, so I guess besides shows, it's now a strip car. So I guess I got a street/now strip car :roll:
Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

I have the prostreet chevelle thats in the picture. And just sold my chevy ll topsportsmen car, my 67 camaro and front engine dragster to build a pro-mod 70 chevelle, It is still at the chassie shop, hopfully to be finished spring 2010.

There have been some bad accidents around hear street racing, Running around on the street with my Red chevelle all the kids want to race.( Never DO) ops: They have no idea pulling up to some True American Muscel with a rice burnner. Come On :lol:
Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fbodyjunkie
I have a 70 Camaro prostreet with wheelie bars and antique tags on it. I wanted something that would run on pump gas and be just plain nasty to drive around. So I built a small BBC (461) with a F2 procharger for power. It has ET streets and 4" Borla shootout mufflers that dump behind the doors. Its fun to drive around but the cops can hear me for blocks, kind of hard to hide. Told me it's too loud, so I guess besides shows, it's now a strip car. So I guess I got a street/now strip car :roll:
The cops are just jealous cuz you got one and they dont.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Well, I have a 69 Camaro that has plates/tags... but a cage & slicks. The two are not a very good mix; I was pulled over for the slicks, no wipers, or drivers mirror. He let me go w/a warning. Since then, I put on a factory drivers mirror, & a drivers side wiper (w/o the motor assbly). I kept the slicks on & will take my chances... I drive that car occasionally on the street... but mostly like a grandma. All I can say is that it is hard having both in one car (street/strip). It is like leaving your girlfriend home & taking another girl to the Prom. I drive our Tahoe harder than my Hot Rod. I guess I am getting old.
If you ever get tired of it I can take it off yer hands for ya. :twisted:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -