Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHICH TRANS WILL WORK BEST

WHICH TRANS WILL WORK BEST

I have a 1987 camaro with a 383 stroker with 520 cam afr heads 202 and drive it to work most of the time 20 miles round trip looking for overdive trans but not sure which will be best and will hold up any ideas

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    ive read somewhere u can build a 200 4r to handle more power than a 700 r4.i could be wrong,but actually im doin a build similar and i pulled out the metric trans for the 400 i got lying around

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I've got a 200 4R in my 1979 Elky, it's been in there since 2001, it's built with all the Grand National parts, double ring servo,etc. I don't have much HP just a 350 with trickflow heads, headers, and a 750 carb, 373 gears. It been down the 1/8 at .846, and driving it to and from the track, or anywhere else i want to go. I'm not saying it's stronger than a 700 R4, but it's lighter for sure and it works for me. I do have the manuel lockup switch for the converter, although it goes into overdrive without activating the switch.

Zip.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    I've got a 200 4R in my 1979 Elky, it's been in there since 2001, it's built with all the Grand National parts, double ring servo,etc. I don't have much HP just a 350 with trickflow heads, headers, and a 750 carb, 373 gears. It been down the 1/8 at .846, and driving it to and from the track, or anywhere else i want to go. I'm not saying it's stronger than a 700 R4, but it's lighter for sure and it works for me. I do have the manuel lockup switch for the converter, although it goes into overdrive without activating the switch.

Zip.
    hey that's pretty darn Quick for a true Blue grocery gitter....... :shock:

those little Trick Flow heads are under estimated..its a decent head.
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    Quote Originally Posted by zipper06

Zip.
    hey that's pretty darn Quick for a true Blue grocery gitter....... :shock:

those little Trick Flow heads are under estimated..its a decent head.
    Yep, and it's purty too I've owned it since 1987, rolled out of the paint booth, Dec. 24,1988, ground up restro. Still looks the same, with same paint, the grille needs replacing because it's plastic and the crome has faded, also the grille badge. I'll never sell it, i'll die with it. Plus it's twin's to my race car, but a couple seconds slower.

Zip.

thanks zip, a couple more for my wall of fame.

Clean Elky Zip. (The Malibu is pretty clean too)
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

I remember that funky Christmas tree, it was red light city for me had to wait till the green came on pratically.
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Quote Originally Posted by cepx111
    I remember that funky Christmas tree, it was red light city for me had to wait till the green came on pratically.
    Heck Charles that car relites almost anywhere i go, 2 weeks ago i rolled in .020 in the box and leaving on the last yellow which i seen clearly, and had a .487 red and was on the trailer early. It seems like a roll of the dice almost on every pass, because i just can't get up to use the delay box on the top bulb, i don't know why must be old age or something.

Zip.