TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default WTH !!!!????....

....come on guys !! GROW UP !!

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/09/03...r-this-season/
Old 09-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I didn't read that but I say as long as they aren't impaired at the track they should be able to do whatever they want at home.

edit. APPARENTLY they were using at the track...if so then that's different.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well and from what I understand is that the drivers are tested right there at the track.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:17 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

i was a safety tech for several years at a dirt track---WE HAD ONE VERY STRONG RULE---YOU GET CAUGHT DRINKING OR USING DRUGS AT THE TRACK OR SHOW UP THAT WAY- ops: ops: -AND YOU WERE BANNED FOR THE SEASON--PLAIN, SIMPLE, AND NO ARGUING ABOUT IT- 8) 8) --

I ONLY HAD TO REMOVE 4 GUYS IN 5 YEARS :wink: :wink:
LIVELY
ps--I DO NOT EVER FEEL SORRY FOR SOMEONE WHO DRINKS OR DOES DRUGS AND DRIVES!!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

x2, my brother inlaw died on his 45th birthday drinking beer all day with friends and atving, hit at tree at 10:30 pm and killed instantly. left 2 daughers without a father. I would ban sombody for showing up at the track to race for the season too. some people dont learn until sombody gets hurt or killed. jmo, mike
Old 09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

man godspeed for the girls who lost their dad, i just heard
that Matt Guidera pro stock bike is going to be banned 1 YR
for drug substance, first time i heard that in the NHRA :?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
man godspeed for the girls who lost their dad, i just heard
that Matt Guidera pro stock bike is going to be banned 1 YR
for drug substance, first time i heard that in the NHRA :?
thanks signs , its been a rough two years for them, he was a good guy. I agree with nhra on this one. every driver or rider owes it to the person in the other lane and people in the stands not to be under the influence and jeopardize there safety. at that level there of hundreds of riders that would take his place.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:59 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I'll never understand why anyone would drink and drive any kind of race vehicle or any vehicle for that matter.
0 tolerance is the best policy. As far as any illegal drug, it's not worth loosing your job, family etc for it.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I think they are getting some of these guys on drug tests, NOT catching them under the influence at the event.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:48 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well boys if they are drinking or dopin at the track or show up under the influencei agree show them out but if a guy smokes a joint at home on thursday and shows up sat. to race should he be sent packin?depending what drug test he takes that one joint can show up for over a month.i agree with tod on this one what a man does on his own timeis up to him. they have taken these drug tests way to far. there are a couple of companies here that give out these tests and check for booze.dont drink that beer and friday nites or sat. nites because if they find it more than a few times your going to rehab.i have a friend who loves his beer. fri nites its a few in the shop, EVERY sat. nite its cook out time (beer included). sunday hes a goodboy.mondays hes given a test and bang, hes in rehab to keep his job.in all the years ive known him i only saw him drunk a couple of times and thats because i talked him into drinkin moonshine with me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -