V6 TO V8 CONVERSON???

Old 08-31-2009, 05:01 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default V6 TO V8 CONVERSON???

MY 96 V6 MUSTANG blew up last week and i jsut picked up a fresh 302 for dirt cheap out of my buddies garge. im thinkin about goin fuel inj. on it. Im woundering what kinda he!! im goin run into with the wiring harness and the comptuer. anyone have any input on this??
thanks nick
Old 08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

If you have the wiring harness and computer from the car that you got the engine from it really shouldnt be that hard. Everything should just plug right into it. IM sure if I am wrong in some aspect the guys oon here can help clear it up too.

Forgot to add that the engine wiring harness should be seperate then the rest of car so you would only have to change that harness.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

thanks for the info dirka but i have nothing from this new motor it. i will have to start from sqaure one with it.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Im thinking that it is a fuel injected motor right?

You are going to need that computer and wiring harness from a V-8 stang. What I would do is go to a wrecking yard and pull the computer and wiring harness out of a V-8 stang there. But that is me.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure i dont know a thing about these fuel inj. motors but thats why i want to build one never hurts to learn.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Ive been thinkin bout puttin a mod motor from a 03-04 Cobra into a Ranchero. The only thing I would need to do that would be the engine wirin harness and computer from one.

In your case all it should be is a plug and play. The computer would already have everyhting for the fuel inj and all that programmed in.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Hilborn
Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Hilborn
Hell yeah, that's my kind of fuel injection.

Seriously if you don't know anything about FI then your not in for a good time with v6 to v8 conversion.

IMO> if you dead set on going with a FI set-up, don't fool around with some used stuff, spend some money and get one of them programable systems out on the market, Eldelbrock, Accell and many other companys are making some nice kits with good step by step instructiosn to make things a whole lot easir than rumaging around a junkyard trying to fetch a processor or a wiring harness that hasn't been hacked up.
Goodluck, Cp
Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Hilborn

Seriously if you don't know anything about FI then your not in for a good time with v6 to v8 conversion.

IMO> if you dead set on going with a FI set-up, don't fool around with some used stuff, spend some money and get one of them programable systems out on the market, Eldelbrock, Accell and many other companys are making some nice kits with good step by step instructiosn to make things a whole lot easir than rumaging around a junkyard trying to fetch a processor or a wiring harness that hasn't been hacked up.
Goodluck, Cp
The commercial units that are now available (as stated above) are literally Plug and Play systems. ALL the probs are designed out and the top brands have VERY good serviceabilty. Plus you can tune them with your laptop !!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Originally Posted by cepx111
Hilborn

Goodluck, Cp
The commercial units that are now available (as stated above) are literally Plug and Play systems. ALL the probs are designed out and the top brands have VERY good serviceabilty. Plus you can tune them with your laptop !!
Actually, I was writing about a Hilborn MFI, which I should not, and will not recommend for a street car. Hilborn offers an EFI set-up, I know nothing about it. Once again I should have kept my big mouth shut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -