Little Sunshine

Old 08-29-2009, 09:03 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Little Sunshine

Little Sunshine comes home from first grade and tells her father that they learned about the history of Valentine's Day.

"Since Valentine's Day is for a Christian saint and we're native americans," she asks, "will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"

Little Sunshine's father thinks a bit, then says "No, I don't think God would get mad. Who do you want to give a valentine to?"

"Osama Bin Laden," she says.

"Why Osama Bin Laden," her father asks in shock.

"Well," she says, "I thought that if a little American Native girl could have enough love to give Osama a valentine, he might start to think that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little bit. And if other kids saw what I did and sent valentines to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And then he'd start going all over the place to tell everyone how much he loved them and how he didn't hate anyone anymore."

Her father's heart swells and he looks at his daughter with newfound pride.

"Little Sunshine, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."

"I know," Little Sunshine says, "and once that gets him out in the open, the Marines
could blow the crap out of him."
Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

We are in trouble...

The population of this country is 300 million.

160 million are retired.

That leaves 140 million to do the work.

There are 85 million in school.

Which leaves 55 million to do the work.

Of this there are 35 million employed by the federal government.

Leaving 15 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden. Which leaves 12.2 million to do the work.

Take from that total the 10.8 million people who work for state and city Governments. And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.

At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals.

Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.

That leaves just two people to do the work.

You and me.

And there you are,

Sitting on your a**,

At your computer, reading jokes.

Nice ... Real nice!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:27 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Little bit of Imformation

Just a lil bit of good ol info.

The four Cohen brothers, Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Max, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner. On July 17, 1937, the temperature in Dearborn michigan was 97 degrees.

The four brothers walked into Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter. Henry was curious and invited them into his office. They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.

They persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 degrees, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the car off immediately.

Henry got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The Cohen Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.

Now Henry Ford was more than just a little anti-Semitic, and there was no way he was going to put the Cohen's name on two million Fords. They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would be shown.

And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show: Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max on the controls. So, now you know..
Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I think this was their first prototype.