Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default 2009 HAMB drags...Gassers and more

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/08/25...09-hamb-drags/
Old 08-26-2009, 05:16 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I was going to run with those guys last year. They told me I wouldn't be welcome. My altered was too new. :roll: you know modern technology like a BBC.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:35 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

their cars are pre 64 and to run the drags your car must be set up accordingly.no electronics, etc,even the wheels must be period correct. i personally thinks its a good setup . would you want a donk,or a tuner in a HOTROD show, i wouldnt.they are jusr trying to stay along the lines of traditoinal hotrodding. to do that there has to be a cutoff time somewhere in there.i have a 68 and 66 mustang a 67 belvedere, a 74 nova, a hotrod 65 falcon wagon NOT hamb friendly, but i have a 53 ranchwagon,a47 ford p/u(building a ratrod, dirty word in the hamb world)and a 41 willys coupe.(glass car,not really welcome by some in the hamb world). out of all our cars only the ranchwagon will pass muster under their way of thinking. to the ford fanatics,we have sinned,. its got a 383 chevy.but i do agree with their rules on the drags even tho our fastest car cant run
Old 08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I understand their rules and why they have them. I've been a member on their site for a couple of years now. I didn't want to go to compete, Just take the car and hang out. Maybe make a few test & tune passes. Like I said I uderstand why they do what they do. I'll just hang out at these events instead.

http://www.musclecarreunion.com/
Old 08-28-2009, 02:58 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

im sorry slowmotion, i just misunderstood.ive heard alot about their rules and it wasnt good. i quess i just jump to their defense alittle to quick. we still good?. ken
Old 08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Still good. Every sanctioning body has there own rules. It's their sandbox so it's their rules. I love the looks of the HAMB cars. I really enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for posting the link DrivingmissDD!

Here's another nostalgia group That races in my area. Too bad I'm not fast enough to run with them.

http://www.nostalgiaprocomp.com/