how do you guys bleed your brakes?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:56 PM
etchison
CRAFTSMAN

Default how do you guys bleed your brakes?

i have a cookie cutter tube chassis nova 4 wilwood discs, strange master under floor',2 bule residual valves and proportioning valuve to the front lines before the line lock. i bleed them and seam to have a fine nice firm pedal. head out to the track the pedal is soft. works good and jack standsbefore i leave! please help
Old 08-24-2009, 03:08 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Brake bleeder

Here is from a previous post.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...asc&highlight=
Old 08-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I bleed them into a bottle of fluid since I work alone. I use a real long hose and a clear bottle of fluid and pump until no more bubbles.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

how close to exaust pipe or headers do you have brake lines?brake fluid could be boiling from heat
Old 08-24-2009, 07:12 PM
etchison
CRAFTSMAN

car has side exit headers just seems to have trapped air i CANT get out
Old 08-25-2009, 05:20 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Air

I had the same problem with my Vega. I couldn't get the air out no matter much I bled it. The problem was that the air would compress and wedge itself in a spot and never break out. The low pressure bleeder doesn't have enough pressure to compress the air and it gets bled out. I couldn't believe the size of the air bubble when it did bleed out. The brakes were great after that and the front wheels would hold the car for the burn out. Before that it would just roll and it was a pain to do a decent burnout. The bleeder is easy to build and works great. Use a large "C" clamp to clamp it to to master cylinder.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:28 PM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

You got the wilwoods with the crossover tube or bleeders on the bottom ? If there on the bottom , you gotta flip em upside down to get the bleeder up. Pretty self explanerary.
BTW, is that you Mike?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:05 AM
etchison
CRAFTSMAN

this is mike from wisconsin! im going to try pressure bleed them hoping that should be the ticket
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 PM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

Had a hell time with my 69 Camaro. I used a vacuum pump and did it by myself. The line across the diff had internal collapsing and after replacing that, all was good. Start at the wheel furthest away from the cylinder.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:34 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gnsrule
You got the wilwoods with the crossover tube or bleeders on the bottom ? If there on the bottom , you gotta flip em upside down to get the bleeder up. Pretty self explanerary.
BTW, is that you Mike?
X2. Get a vacuum pump and it's easy to do by yourself.
Replace all lines with steel / braided lines. No way would I have any rubber lines on a race car!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -