BECAREFUL DEALING with RON WEBB aka BUGZY!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 PM
vargoracing
APPRENTICE

Default BECAREFUL DEALING with RON WEBB aka BUGZY!!!

I bought a pair of used Monocoques from this guy in Belfry, Ky. I talked to him on the phone about these and he told me they were in "GOOD SHAPE" and all the needed was a "GOOD CLEANING"!!! Needless to say when these arrived via SNAIL MAIL, I took them out of the box, put them on to the rotors w/the lug nuts and spun the wheel. I noticed that they had alittle wobble to them so I took them to my local garage and had them spin balance them. Now mind you this is still with NO TIRES on them. They spun the rims and "HOLY CRAP" "their F**KING BENT"!!! I've tried to call and e-mailing him to tell him that the rims were bent and that I would pay the shipping back to him for a full refund in what I had paid him in the first place. I"VE GOTTEN NO RESPONCE!!!!! Now I'm feeling like I have gotten SCREWED!! I am trying to be a gentleman about this but I am loosing my cool every day that goes buy w/no reply. I'ts been a week now and still nothing!! Could use a little help in taking the next step! :evil:
Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Were these listed on Racing Junk.

If so, please provide ad # and any additional info you feel necessary.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM
vargoracing
APPRENTICE

Yes, These were on Racing Junk.

Ad #1608155 - Monocoque 15 x 3 1/2 Front Drag Wheels.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

I live about 30 miles from Belfry Ky. I am just across the river in WV. I have talked with this guy on the phone about a motor he had and he seamed like a good guy. If you don't get in touch with him let me know and I will try. I think he may go to Tri River Dragway in Fort Gay WV. I hope you guys work it out. Like I said he seamed like a good guy on the phone. If I can help you let me know.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:32 AM
vargoracing
APPRENTICE

Don't get me wrong, He was a great guy to deal with on the phone. After I had purchased the rims, He never would pick up the phone again. Which makes me think he knew they were bent and what he was getting rid of!
If he was any kind of stand up guy, he would or should just refund my money and just take what they are worth in scrap metal!! I am not on this board to make waves...I just want him to make right of the situation!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:08 AM
christiansells
JOURNEYMAN

what happened to the honor payment :?: for a nice guy he should be supporting the site that helps him unload his junk.

thanks
christian
Old 08-21-2009, 06:20 AM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

I sent him a pm and told him to come on in here and give his side. I want to be clear I was not defending him. Like I said I have never meet him nor have I done any dealing with him. I have talked to him on the phone a while back. Maybe he will come on and you guys can work it out.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:41 AM
vargoracing
APPRENTICE

We don't even have to go public on here if he doesn't want to! All I want is his explanation on why he sold me a pair of bent rims! Now again...It looks to be that they were dismounted on an older style machine. When the part that comes up to break the bottom beed, Nicked the inner beed and then came up too far and pushed the outer bead up. Easy fix if you want to take a hammer and a block of wood to straighten them. But I am not willing to do so on these! Just my opinion. I would not even try and resell these because that is NOT the type of person I am. I usally end up spending more time and money in selling something to keep my good name than I actually end up making. Again, Just asking for my money back, I WILL PAY THE SHIPPING BACK from Va. to Ky! No harm...No Foul! He's got both my e-mail address and my cell phone number. We can work this out in private if he chooses to or we can get on here and go round after round. I've got more time than money to loose. All he's got to do is contact me!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 PM
bugzy
SHOW GUEST

Default Not Replying to everyone.

Hello to everyone. Thanks to wvhippie for bringing this to my att. I'm not to happy about seeing that I'm on the Scammer Watch List, but I'm not ashamed. I did nothing wrong. I bought these wheels from a guy here on RacingJunk a few months back. I had a wanted ad asking for a pair of Monocoque Wheels. Ad #1579962 I was contacted from a guy named Tony from Texas. He told me these wheels were in excellent condition. He did not have them on RacingJunk for sale. I did not see a picture of them. When I received the wheels with (no tires) I was not satisfied. They were not the style I wanted. Remenber I did not mount or do anything with these wheels. I bought them with understanding the wheels are being sold AS IS. I didn't contact Tony asking for my money back.

Now for my buddy George Vargo Jr.. When I posted these wheels. George contacted me about 10+ times. He was worried about the wheels fitting his car because he had Aerospace Brakes on his car. He has one set of these wheels and they didnt work. George contacted me again saying he talked to someone at Aerospace saying that "the wheels that I have will work." George and I had a understanding over the phone that he is buying the wheels AS IS... just like I did. I told him everthing I knew about the wheels. I did not know that the wheels were bent, if they are bent... This is a past Message wrote by George aka. vargoracing on Aug. 13, 09

On [2009-08-13 22:29:41] vargoracing wrote:
> > Bugzy, I got the rims today! That's the good news!! The bad news...They won't work!! Please help me out and find out for me if that person in Canada is still interested in them! I need to unload these asap! As goes for all of my Aerospace shit up front!! If you want, give him my number and e-mail address and have him contact me if he still wants them. Thanks, George

Now back to the Reply of the Scammer Watch! I think the wheels are NOT bent. I think George is mad, because he has two sets of Monocoque Wheels that dont work on his Ford Mustang!

To everone out taking there time reading this. I have a 100% Feed Back on Ebay. I tryed to sell them on Ebay first, but the wheels did not make the RESERVE!!! Thats why I put them on RacingJunk for Sale.
Ok to: (christiandseller) I have always bought car parts on RacingJunk. I have posted ads on here, but never sold anything before on RacingJunk.
so I dont know what to do with the Honor Payment Deal. Dont judge me and "my junk as you say" because you are the one going to be judged at the end.
George I'm sorry if they are bent. Again I told you I didnt know anything about them. You know that...
I bought the wheels "AS IS" & I sold them to you "AS IS"

Thank you all, Bugzy
Old 08-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Not Replying to everyone.

Originally Posted by bugzy
Hello to everyone. Thanks to wvhippie for bringing this to my att. I'm not to happy about seeing that I'm on the Scammer Watch List, but I'm not ashamed. I did nothing wrong. I bought these wheels from a guy here on RacingJunk a few months back. I had a wanted ad asking for a pair of Monocoque Wheels. Ad #1579962 I was contacted from a guy named Tony from Texas. He told me these wheels were in excellent condition. He did not have them on RacingJunk for sale. I did not see a picture of them. When I received the wheels with (no tires) I was not satisfied. They were not the style I wanted. Remenber I did not mount or do anything with these wheels. I bought them with understanding the wheels are being sold AS IS. I didn't contact Tony asking for my money back.

Now for my buddy George Vargo Jr.. When I posted these wheels. George contacted me about 10+ times. He was worried about the wheels fitting his car because he had Aerospace Brakes on his car. He has one set of these wheels and they didnt work. George contacted me again saying he talked to someone at Aerospace saying that "the wheels that I have will work." George and I had a understanding over the phone that he is buying the wheels AS IS... just like I did. I told him everthing I knew about the wheels. I did not know that the wheels were bent, if they are bent... This is a past Message wrote by George aka. vargoracing on Aug. 13, 09

On [2009-08-13 22:29:41] vargoracing wrote:
> > Bugzy, I got the rims today! That's the good news!! The bad news...They won't work!! Please help me out and find out for me if that person in Canada is still interested in them! I need to unload these asap! As goes for all of my Aerospace s up front!! If you want, give him my number and e-mail address and have him contact me if he still wants them. Thanks, George

Now back to the Reply of the Scammer Watch! I think the wheels are NOT bent. I think George is mad, because he has two sets of Monocoque Wheels that dont work on his Ford Mustang!

To everone out taking there time reading this. I have a 100% Feed Back on Ebay. I tryed to sell them on Ebay first, but the wheels did not make the RESERVE!!! Thats why I put them on RacingJunk for Sale.
Ok to: (christiandseller) I have always bought car parts on RacingJunk. I have posted ads on here, but never sold anything before on RacingJunk.
so I dont know what to do with the Honor Payment Deal. Dont judge me and "my junk as you say" because you are the one going to be judged at the end.
George I'm sorry if they are bent. Again I told you I didnt know anything about them. You know that...
I bought the wheels "AS IS" & I sold them to you "AS IS"

Thank you all, Bugzy
Vargoracing-

Ball's in your court- your email says they wont work, your post says they are bent.

Your email was 08/13/09 and said they wont work, and then a week 08/20/09 later you post on here and say they are bent.

Soooooooo

Did you know they were bent on 08/13? If so why didnt you mention it?

Since they went to a shop for testing and truing, might you have a receipt?

Finally, if seller gave full disclosure to the best of their knowledge and the transaction is "as is", is it much different then a department store with a final sale as is with no returns?

Finally is Bugzy telling the truth that you have another pair that doesnt fit?

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -