enclosed trailers

Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 PM
ww34
SHOW GUEST

Default enclosed trailers

A NOTE TO PEOPLE LOOKING AT THE CHEAP TRAILERS FROM GA. LOOK AT THEM REAL GOOD BECAUSE SOME OF THEM ARE JUNKS AND SCREWED UP MESSES THAT WHERE JUST THROWED TOGETHER . PNLS ARE BOWED , NOT LEVEL AND THE FRAMES ARE NOT THAT STRONG LOOKING AT ALL. BEWARE IF IT'S CHEAP PRICED THEN QUESS WHAT IT'S A CHEAP BILT TRL.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Back to the old saying!!!! "You get what you pay for"
Old 08-18-2009, 04:46 AM
rscelsi
SHOW GUEST

As a dealer for a couple of those Georgia manufacturers it never ceases to amaze me as to how many people think they are buying a Cadillac at a Kia price. These trailers are meant to fit the low budget racer and weekend user. That being said, they are far from junk. I have sold hundereds of these trailers and have had far less problems out of them than I had when I was selling a "premium" brand. The frames are 6" I-beam (that is doubled over the wheel wells) with crossmembers and sideposts on 16" centers. On 28' trailers the frame is doubled from front to back. All trailers have triple tube tongues. I have no doubt that there are a few bad apples out there and I hate that someone on this forum may have gotten one of them. Everyone should get what they pay for regardless how much or how little they may have spent. If anyone would like honest answers to your trailer questions, I can be contacted at [email protected] or 800-326-3038.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:12 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: enclosed trailers

Originally Posted by ww34
A NOTE TO PEOPLE LOOKING AT THE CHEAP TRAILERS FROM GA. LOOK AT THEM REAL GOOD BECAUSE SOME OF THEM ARE JUNKS AND SCREWED UP MESSES THAT WHERE JUST THROWED TOGETHER . PNLS ARE BOWED , NOT LEVEL AND THE FRAMES ARE NOT THAT STRONG LOOKING AT ALL. BEWARE IF IT'S CHEAP PRICED THEN QUESS WHAT IT'S A CHEAP BILT TRL.
Lets not be mean to Ga.lol
I've seen plenty of bowed panels on high dollar trailers too.
Frame doesn't look strong.
Are you a mechanical engineer? I'm sure the trailers are strong enough for their weight rating.
I agree some trailers look better than others even when they're the same model, but it's so true that you get what you pay for. An inexpensive trailer may not be what you need for your application, but just what someone else needs / can afford..
Old 08-18-2009, 06:37 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Agree with many of the above statemants but note there is no fit all trailer.
Would you pull your car with a trailer meant for lawn service?
If your trailer has a 1-7/8 ball, load it with pine straw. If it's a 2-5/16 or gooseneck, load 'er up!

Dave
Old 08-18-2009, 07:00 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

they just dont make them like they used to,unless you pay more for it !!!!! :lol:
Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I live near what most call trailer capital USA in Elkhart IN, I've took a look around a lot of places over there, I wouldnt own a few big name trailers at all, you look at 25-30 they have sitting there half of them are nice half of them look like crap ! I purchased a no name trailer years back, to this date the best trailer I had purchased.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

I can agree with you about getting what you paid for. I have been looking at buying a trailer from a local builder in my area, it is more money but, the quality is 2nd to none. They buiild them the old fashion way, 1 at a time. I want an empty trailer so I can wire and plumb it myself. It will go back to them for insulation and to have the walls inside put in. Getting to deal direct is the way to go.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
kingdragrace
SHOW GUEST

not just that but i called them and the funny thing was there was no 24 footer's for 3800 as advertised daily but they had one's for 4300 lol I think the Ad's are a scam too just to try to real you in Ill bet Nobody ever got one for the price on the Ad
Old 10-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Trailerpro
APPRENTICE

I have personally dealt with some of the trailer manufacturers in GA, because some of my customers bought into the "great trailer for a cheap price". One of them was a VHB trailer, which means it has no exterior screws. By the time he got it back to Oklahoma, 3 of the side panels had fallen off because the trailer wasn't prepped properly for the 3m tape.

At first, we thought the company was going to stand behind their product and make things right. My customer and I both talked to them and they were going to ship the skins and pay for my shop to do the work. 2 weeks later the skins came in damaged, which were signed off damaged on the load slip. Next thing you know they are crawfishin' on the deal and said that was all they were wiling to do. Never sent anymore skins, and wouldn't pay for the repairs.

Customer said not to worry about it, that he was going to go the legal route. That's all we ever heard about it.

There are also a lot of "big name" trailer companies that have been bought out. After the buy-out, they have been cheapened up, kept at the same price, and are basically being sold on a popular name because that all most of the general public buys off of.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -