Last time you did something nice ??

Old 08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default Last time you did something nice ??

My sister ask me to work on a ladies car that is a friend of her's last week, said it was overheating, when i checked it the water pump was shot, this car is a v6 rice burner,[ hyundi ] anyway, this lady is in a wheelchair, bought waterpump, installed and i didn't charge a dime for this repair, timming belt ran pump, just thought i would share this, don't want a pat on back or nothing.

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

A daughter of one of the gals my wife works with was in the middle of a home renovation and ran out of $$$$$$$$$$.

The wifey poo asked me to go over to her home and see what I could do to help out, knowing I usually subcontract any work at out own home.
But, she knows theres nothing I can't do, sooooooooo, you know what happened,

Plumbing, wiring and a little selective interior demo was required. What the hay, I did the work and even let them use a really nice wet saw to install tile in their kitchen.

I had to climb into the attic on the hottest days of the summer to redo the wiring so I hire a young lad from the neighborhood to assist me.

The work took four days to complete.

They offered to pay several times, I refused, I did request they pay for the materials I purchased and the young mans wages, less than 240 bucks total..

Never know it could happen to you....
Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=155448
Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I try to help out anybody that needs it. Right now I am helping out my wifes brother and sister. I am helping her brother go to college and helping her sister with hay for her horses. I guess it runs in the family to own horses. Anyways, the only thing I dont like is when people see that you are willing to help them out when they need it and they take advantage of it. Those people I will help out a couple times and thats it.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:07 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i just don't stop on lone hwys, either the car needing help is there
to rob and kill you or if you have broke down and they will stop to help
but they stop to rob you and kill you scary, but the last was a
nieghbors car was broke for a yr and a wire from the alt was
broke, it started right up, the ugly people wanting to do harm,
ruin it for the good people realy needing help
Old 08-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

A few years ago a girl I was dating asked me if I would think about painting her fathers car. It was just an 86 Monte Carlo but he loved it and wanted it painted so bad he could taste it, but didn't make much money. I agreed to look at it...looked like a sand and paint so I agreed. He never told me he had spray painted it with KRYLON spray paint a year or two before....I had to take the damn thing almost to bare metal.Then he wanted it a different color so that meant a complete tear down...He paid for some of the supplies as he went( I ran a ticket at the store) He ended up giving me around $300 total.This didn't even buy the paint. It was indigo blue pearl base/clear. I used my own supplies and ended up stuck with a $200 bill at the paint store. I worked on that turd for 3 months solid. He never did pay me what he promised or even the rest of the materials cost but it felt kinda good to see his face when he picked it up.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

It seems like a lot of people on here do auto body and paint.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I have some pictures she took of him with it...as a joke there was one with him pointing a can of spray paint at it like he was painting it.Funny to her cause she was the one who got to listen to me bitch the whole time about the spray paint...that was the worst cause you can't paint over that crap and he had it covered.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I put down over 240 feet of skid marks, seconds before running over my ex wifes lawyer.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default skid marks

I sure hope the skid marks weren't from the brakes being used. :roll: :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -