Beware of Steve Howel

Old 08-06-2009, 05:10 AM
gws64gto
APPRENTICE

Default Beware of Steve Howel

Steve Howel advertised a "NEW Lencodrive transmission for $7,500.00" on this website. After speaking to Steve he told me the transmission was included in a car deal he bought from a Seth Devlin. After talking with him a couple of times, he said the transmission might have 5 runs on it. So, being a good guy he lowered the price to $6,500.00.

I figured it wasn't new but with only five runs on a Lenco what could be hurt? I bought the transmission and installed it. Well guess what after installing it, I put the car in gear and tried to use the trans brake, the brake wouldn’t even hold the car. I released the trans brake and the car could barely move when in gear.

I pulled the transmission and I sent it to Lenco. David called me back a few days later and said how many runs are on this thing? This transmission is "burned up"! David went on to say, the clutches and clutch drum are so burned up they moved forward in to the housing. We need to replace the front case, clutches and other internal pieces.

After hearing the news I contacted Steve a couple of times to give him an opportunity to be a stand up guy and reimburse me ($2,538.00) for the repair since this was "suppose to be a new Lenco”, oh excuse me, only 5 runs on the transmission".

Steve told me to bad and he isn't going to do anything and tried blaming Seth Devlin for the condition of the transmission.......I told Steve, It was your transmission, you advertised it “as new” and you took the money for it!! You need to reimburse me for the repair on a burned up transmission!!!!

Well, since he isn't a man of his word nor has any integrity. He and the person with the account at First State Bank that he had me wire transfer the money to will soon be coming to California to appear in court. And the DA Investigation Bureau here in Merced County will be processing internet fraud case against him and his partner.

Learn from my mistake guy's because it's not unusual for this to happen on this website – I should have sent the transmission to Lenco for inspection before buying it!!!

There are a lot of ***holes out there like this guy just waiting to take your cash......... so beware!!

Before you buy it...pay for an inspection. If the seller doesn’t agree……red flags should be going up!! Don't let the lying ***holes rip you off…they are out there waiting to take your money!!!!.

Steve Howel......I'm not going away, all I want is the transmission to be in the condition you advertised it as. I want my money and I’m going to continue to come after you until I get it!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Because of the amount this guy has committed a felony. Theft by deception. Get Him!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Sic em!

Dave
Old 08-06-2009, 08:31 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Hi , sorry to hear that you got ripped , happens alot these days , do you still have the add number where it was posted on racing junk and his racing junk name ? also what city and state he lives in...mayby someone on here knows him or lives near him....Paul
Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

gwsgto-

I am sorry to hear about the hassle. Sounds like you have everything in good control... given the circumstances. Good luck & don't give up. Scooter
Old 08-07-2009, 05:55 AM
gws64gto
APPRENTICE

Default Steve Howle - Grandprarie Texas

Steve has a lawn sprinkler repair or landscape business.

Steve Howle
2222 Windchime Dr.
Grandprarie, Texas 75051
469-471-5765

He's friends with

Seth Devlin, I believe Seth has a Tru Trailers or a trailer business in Dallas area.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:32 AM
B526
SHOW GUEST

These guys are getting desperate. Nail the a**holes