How much loss

Old 08-06-2009, 04:16 AM
heshtesh
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default How much loss

I'm looking to buy a new fuel inj system for my 358ci small block. Edel say's thier new XT system is only good to 6500 rpm as my cam is a solid roller 262/267 @ 50 and 618/625 106 split i'm thinking i might be leaving a lot of power on the table only running this engine to 6500 rpm. How much hp. do you think i'm not utilizing resticting engine to 6500 rpm. the reason is as follows.
Edelbrock XT 3400.00
accel DFI 4000.00
Fast 4500.00

All three systems have large enough injectors to support the HP ability of the engine.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:31 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

I think you'd be restricting yourself in the future by not buying a system that has no RPM limits.

Keep in mind too that the FAST system also includes a distributor, where the Edelbrock does not.

Always remember to look down the road before buying high end parts.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I have ran a few fast systems and for a few xtra buck you sure have a wider range of options.

Kinsler puts a pretty nice system together as well.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM
heshtesh
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Thanks Guys

I'll hate myself if i buy the cheaper system and short change myself of the power available. Will just have to stop pissin and moanin and hand over the cash, going with the Fast system. I don't know about you guys but my budget gets hammered on every project.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Back in the day...

I used to bitch about it 20.00'ering me to death.

Then 100.00'ering..

Then 500.00'ering...

Now, it seems like anything I want that's worth a damn is 1k or more.

We've all been there.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Thanks Guys

Originally Posted by heshtesh
I'll hate myself if i buy the cheaper system and short change myself of the power available. Will just have to stop pissin and moanin and hand over the cash, going with the Fast system. I don't know about you guys but my budget gets hammered on every project.
I have never actually had a budget on anything..I always just made up my mind which parts I wanted to use, then saved up til I could buy them, or buy them one at a time until I had all of them...it takes me longer but when I'm done I don't owe a dime on it. I say get the system that you WANT because like you said you won't be happy if you don't.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:59 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Thanks Guys

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by heshtesh
I have never actually had a budget on anything..I always just made up my mind which parts I wanted to use, then saved up til I could buy them, or buy them one at a time until I had all of them...it takes me longer but when I'm done I don't owe a dime on it. I say get the system that you WANT because like you said you won't be happy if you don't.
x2. Save and wait to get what you want. It'll save you $ in the long run 'cause chances are you're gonna buy it down the road anyway!!