BUYER BEWARE of Ad #1598885 & Seller chuckbates

Old 07-25-2009, 05:59 PM
oldgoatracin
SHOW GUEST

Default BUYER BEWARE of Ad #1598885 & Seller chuckbates

If you are considering the dragster on Ad #1598885, a "230" Neil & Parks turn key dragster from Chuck Bates in Gulf Port, Mississippi....BUYER BEWARE ! ! ! !

Right at a month ago, I traded my complete back halved Vega for his 1968 Chevy stepside race truck featured on Ad #1576967. The ad read as follows:

"For sale is a 1968 chevy stepside truck,it was built as a race car 3 months ago,EVERYTHING on it has only 20 passes! it has a 454 BBC,turbo 350 trasmission,and 488 pro gears. AGAIN EVERYTHING IS NEW!!!!!! for more information message me on here or call chuck at 228-861-9014."

The engine bearings from the 454 are featured in this ads photo. I made three 1/8th mile passes before I pulled the engine to find out what was wrong. Again, I was assured the engine was just put together and had seen only 20 passes. The bearings are dated 06/06. Clevite 77's sell way too good to set on almost any shelf for three years. The crankshaft was trashed as were three rods. The engine was not new, not properly cleaned nor prep'd, full of metal and basically junk...

Other engine issues found were old/original cam bearings, one stripped poly-lock & dis-lodged lifter, old and pitted valve seats, original block oil port plugs & freeze plugs, and plenty of metal all in the oil pan.

Chuck was to send me some other stuff for the truck as part of the agreement. He did not. He does not return my phone calls or e-mails.

If CHUCK BATES decides to call me in an effort to make things right or at least discuss this with me, I will post the details and a retraction if warranted. In the meantime:

If it's from CHUCKBATES of Gulf Port, MS, BUYER BEWARE.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

oldgoatracin wrote:
If CHUCK BATES decides to call me in an effort to make things right or at least discuss this with me, I will post the details and a retraction if warranted. In the meantime:

Why would you post a retraction of your statement if the man lied to you outright? Will you also tell us he is a "great guy to deal with" because he was exposed and made an effort to right his INTENTIONAL wrong (if that is in fact the case)?

Not busting your chops for the post, I as well as others do greatly appreciate it.

My suggestion is simply this: Keep the crook exposed, set your teeth into him like and give him hell.

Like Scorp said, call his mom, wife, boss, friends (if he has any). I wish you luck for a favorable outcome.

Later
Old 07-31-2009, 01:20 PM
bigboy72
SHOW GUEST

look i no chuck bates and i no that truck first thing chuck didnt own that truck a friend of his did and just about everthing in it was new he bought the engine from a local engine builder supposedly freshly rebuilt also the guy that ows the truck said he gave u the truck and 1800.00 dollars after u looked at the truck and offered him that deal look im not trying to say what did or didnt happen but i no chuck bates he would give u the shirt off his back before he would screw anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:37 AM
pharaohwolf
SHOW GUEST

Default Hey bigboy72

I would like to know how it is you look like you just joined this site yet know everything about a three year veteran of this site's transaction with the aformentioned seller? Would you mind enlightening me on that please? I mean you no disrespect it's just I am new here too and this is the second time a new person joined up just to offer their opinion of what happened who was not the seller themselves as if it offered creedence. Just sounds fishy to me!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bigboy72
look i no chuck bates and i no that truck first thing chuck didnt own that truck a friend of his did and just about everthing in it was new he bought the engine from a local engine builder supposedly freshly rebuilt also the guy that ows the truck said he gave u the truck and 1800.00 dollars after u looked at the truck and offered him that deal look im not trying to say what did or didnt happen but i no chuck bates he would give u the shirt off his back before he would screw anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well... "i no" you claim you are not the buyer or the seller; so please explian how you come to this conclusion. Otherwise, maybe Chuck should think about giving his shirt away.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:14 PM
mikeacf
SHOW GUEST

All,
Here are the facts. Something oldgoat is not familiar with. As far as the chimmers, listen up!
I was the owner of the truck and was there when the trade happened.
Chuck had many dissicusions with the goat and nothing that we told him was not fact.
Most everything on the truck was fresh out of the boxes. We had very few passes on the truck. We bought the motor from a local engine builder with receipts. The oldgoat was told something was wrong with the motor, it only had 20lbs. of oil pressure. He listened to the truck as well as looked the truck over and turned the deal down. Chuck said fine, thats part of it. He then asked the oldgoat, what he would take to make a deal. The oldgoat looked some more and came up with; the truck and 2 thousand dollars. We countered with and made a "new deal" with the truck and $1800.00. i went to the local bank and got the goat his money. End of story. We did not try to screw the goat.
He looked at the truck, listened to the truck, he made the deal and i agreed.
There is one thing he did state correctly.
[b]Chuck was to send me some other stuff for the truck as part of the agreement. /b]
i owe him a battery cover box top. i will send this to him this week. i have overlooked this. With all of his bullsh7t i started not to at all.
Chuck did this for me as a favor, because i am new at the sport of drag racing.

The previous truck owner.
Mike

P.S. I do not know who "bigboy72" is, if i find out i will be sure to shake his hand. As he states "chuck would give the shirt off of his back before he would screw you."
Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

We will be back when you boys pony up some proof. i.e. pictures, receipts, emails, well you get the idea. Until then let this silliness float to the bottom.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ahhh Yeeessss,

The amazing contrast of a sale according to the buyer & the seller. One says Black, the other says White.... where is the proof??? How about this: where the hell is this Chuck Bates???

Instead... we get these pro-bono avocates defending either the buyer or seller. That sure is nice of you guys, but how about the buyer & seller come on here & man up with PROOF.

Nothing but HOT AIR is being spewed around.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Ahhh Yeeessss,

The amazing contrast of a sale according to the buyer & the seller. One says Black, the other says White.... where is the proof??? How about this: where the hell is this Chuck Bates???

Instead... we get these pro-bono avocates defending either the buyer or seller. That sure is nice of you guys, but how about the buyer & seller come on here & man up with PROOF.

Nothing but HOT AIR is being spewed around.
Scooter,

Couldnt of said it better- advocates but no seller = big why?

Scorp
Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 AM
shakenbakeracing
SHOW GUEST

TO ALL IM CHUCK BATES IM GETTING PRETTY SICK AND TIRED OF THIS I BROKERED THIS DEAL FOR A FRIEND WHEN ALL THIS CAME ABOUT I GOT WITH HIM HE POSTED A REPLY AND PROVIDING THE PROOF! THIS TRUCK WAS NOT MINE!HE DOES HAVE ALL THE RECEIPTS HE IS POSTING A ADD WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!! THE OWNER OFF THE TRUCK WAS THERE WHEN THIS DEAL WENT DOWN I DONT OWN THE TRUCK I DONT OWN THE VEGA!! I WAS HELPING OUT A FRIEND. AGAIN I DO NOT OWN EITHER ONE OF THESE CARS I GOT NOTHING FOR THIS BUT A BUNCH OF GRIEF!!! AGAIN THE OWNER IS POSTING A ADD WITH THE PROOF BUT ALSO GOING TO MAKE THIS RIGHT! ANY OF THE TWO PEOPLE THAT KEEP ADDING THERE TWO CENTS WORTH WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO ME CALL ME 228-861-9014 CHUCK BATES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -