Thread: Is it ok to plug or patch frontrunners?

Is it ok to plug or patch frontrunners?

I am not sure if it is safe to patch or plug a frontrunner, must have ran over a nail unloading it today, just not sure what to do in this situation hopefully someone on here has had the same problem thanks alot, Nate

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i run mt front fronts, ran over a nibbler chip and ruined one, they are very thin, i pitched it. patch may work, i felt better getting a new tire.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

I Agree!!!

I agree, X2. A patch (maybe). I would never plug a race tire because the first thig you have to do is ream the hole for the plug.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I drive a truck for a living and if I get a hole in the steer tire of my truck I pitch the tire , it not about saving money at that point its your life or someone elses.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey70ss
    I drive a truck for a living and if I get a hole in the steer tire of my truck I pitch the tire , it not about saving money at that point its your life or someone elses.
    I agree 100%.

Schultze,
    By asking it tells me you have given this more than a fleeting thought.
    I not only believe it is a safety issue, I believe there may be a mental aspect to it as well. You don't want any distractions in that 1/8th or qtr, having even a .001 thought about that tire durung a run, could cost you a W.
    Later