S 10 CONVERSION FOR A SBC??

Old 07-19-2009, 02:15 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default S 10 CONVERSION FOR A SBC??

I KNOW THIS IS HARD TO BELEIVE!!! I AM GOING TO DO A S10 -V8 CONVERSION ON AN OLDER S10[ FOR MY SON ---GUYS NOT ME!!! :? :shock: THO I MIGHT TEST IT A LITTLE BIT!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ]

ANYWAY I NEED TO KNOW WHICH DIRECTION TO GO AS FAR AS PARTS etc.?? for this conversion :roll: :roll: :roll:

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY NICE[ YOU KNOW YOU CHEVY GUYS ARE THE BEST ON HERE :shock: :shock: :shock:
WAS THAT ENOUGH KISSING UP??? THANKS
LIVELY
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

shameless plugs here. check out v8s10.org and s10dragracer.com. lots of info. i started out with a conversion kit, then went crazy and moved the firewall and engine back and made custom mounts. could use chevelle headers that were given to me new then. both jegs and summit have kits, also.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: S 10 CONVERSION FOR A SBC??

Originally Posted by lively
I KNOW THIS IS HARD TO BELEIVE!!! I AM GOING TO DO A S10 -V8 CONVERSION ON AN OLDER S10[ FOR MY SON ---GUYS NOT ME!!! :? :shock: THO I MIGHT TEST IT A LITTLE BIT!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ]

ANYWAY I NEED TO KNOW WHICH DIRECTION TO GO AS FAR AS PARTS etc.?? for this conversion :roll: :roll: :roll:

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY NICE[ YOU KNOW YOU CHEVY GUYS ARE THE BEST ON HERE :shock: :shock: :shock:
WAS THAT ENOUGH KISSING UP??? THANKS
LIVELY
Quoted for posterity
Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

BUT-YOU CHEVY GUYS STILL HAVE NOT COME THRU WITH DETAILS ON THIS [ ALL] CHEVY CONVERSION :cry: ops: :cry: ops:

I FABRICATE ALOT OF MY STUFF BUT NEED IDEAS WETHER TO LOOK FOR OTHER PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE :shock: :? :shock: :?

OR MAYBE A SBF WOULD BE NICE IN THERE :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:
LIVELY
Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I think a smallblock Ford would be trick. JMO
Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

Put a 440 in it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-25-2009, 08:51 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

What are the plans for the truck Street? Race only or both?
The Hedman mount kit works just fine, the headers is going to depend on what you are doing with it. If you put long tube headers on it they have to come apart just to change the oil or work on the starter. The oil change tuns into an hour and a half job. If race only fenderwell is the only way to go. Street mostly I'd put shorty's on it. Make sure and use a rubber transmission mount too.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:29 AM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

hey lively if i were you i would make my own mounts. we have done a few of these swaps using the conversion mounts for people and everyone of them the motor leans to the back pretty good. a couple we have made our own mounts and everything seemed to set more level and had more room around the bell housing. JMO