Donate to a great racing program

Old 07-18-2009, 04:01 PM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Default Donate to a great racing program

In my race space you will see some pics of my foster boys. I have got this program started in my community. A nonprofit drag racing program. I had posted this on this forum about 3 or 4 month ago. Since then we have been racing my 69 chevy pickup with th 500 inch cad motor. What a blast. One of the supervisers from the foster kids program donated a 78 monte carlo the was a race car years ago. No motor or trans and as you can see if you look at the pics in my race space, it needs alot of work. That is what the kids are trying to get done before next year. If you are able to we could sure use some help from any of you. I have been using what money I can generate from selling spare parts I can't use out of my shop.
We have a nonprofit EIN and our racing name is GK Racing (Gods Kids Racing). Anything that is donated is a write off. Even engine parts, etc. Sure could use your help. even if your not able to donated please send me a note via my personal email ([email protected]) and let me know you think this program will be good for the kids. Thanks!! DAVE
Old 07-18-2009, 08:00 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

What is it you need :?: :?:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 07-18-2009, 08:06 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Mopar, Check out his albums section. He has a few pics in there.

By the way who gets to race the car the foster boys or you. Do they get to work on the car as well or do you prepare the car get it ready for the track and take the guys and show them a good time.... Just Wondering>>>>>........

Taking any youth to the track can be a great experience..
Old 07-18-2009, 08:26 PM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Default need most anyting

I have found the short block in Portland Oregon. I need heads, carb, fuel pump. The slicks that were on it are bad, they set to long. New seat belts (one in the car are out of date). Trans, converter, distributor. Pretty much everything in the motor/trans area.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:44 PM
buildcars
APPRENTICE

Default They help with everything but the racing

These boy are a big help. They helped me tear down a short block to see if it was going to work for our race car (NO). We found another short block and we'll try it again. At this point in time we are sanding the body and getting it ready for paint. It set outside in the coastal air for over two years. As soon as it is painted (which I'm going to do) then we move on to the fun stuff (motor/trans). The boys that are in the program are only 13 and 14. According to children services even if they were 16, as long as they are in the foster system they won't be able to drive the car. I told them if they get their education (diploma) and stay in this program, They can race the car for a weekend at the strip. It's all about the kids. We need more programs like this around the state. The kids love it and so do I.