How much HP?

Old 07-18-2009, 06:30 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default How much HP?

I was just wondering how much horsepower a 240" dragster can safely handle and still make good passes? At what HP would it tend to lift the front end or lose traction? Right now it has about 900 HP and runs straight with no traction problems. What kind of changes or equipment would I need to run 1150 HP?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Wow Reagan, that didnt last long!! Got "go faster itis" already?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:45 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Depends on how you go about the 1150 hp with 900 and spray just turn the spray on out further, if with motor you may need to make some changes to bars and take some hit out of it so it dont carry the front wheel out.

The issue you will find with a very fast car is your limited to the tracks you run because they need to be great and not just ok tracks.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:50 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

No, no. I don't want to go faster right now as the car seems to be very consistant. It's just that I have to tear the engine down this winter (so I can find out what's in it) and I'm trying to decide what to do at that time.

Originally Posted by Xrated1
Old 07-18-2009, 10:54 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
Depends on how you go about the 1150 hp with 900 and spray just turn the spray on out further, if with motor you may need to make some changes to bars and take some hit out of it so it dont carry the front wheel out.

The issue you will find with a very fast car is your limited to the tracks you run because they need to be great and not just ok tracks.
I don't want to run any NOS, just motor. I never thought about the tracks. I suppose the launch would have to be much softer on marginal tracks. What would a guy have to do to the bars?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:57 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Xrated1
Rod, are you heading for Edmonton next weekend?
Old 07-18-2009, 04:26 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kod99
Originally Posted by hammertime

I don't want to run any NOS, just motor. I never thought about the tracks. I suppose the launch would have to be much softer on marginal tracks. What would a guy have to do to the bars?
You would have to 1. take some hit away from it move the IC out a little bit but not not far, 2. Non aggressive converter 3. Digital 7 ignition box to take timing out at the hit. Tracks usually dont like more then 1000 on 100 degree day around here.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yup probly just Sunday though
Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
quick8dragster07
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I'm running 1540 right now in my 260" bos, and seems to be alright! I also have a slip tube 240" with 800hp for bracketing. They both like to leave pretty hard but haven't had to much lip out of them on hooking up. I never had an adjustable suspension in the back though, I always heard it made up for poorly built cars! :lol:
Old 07-24-2009, 07:48 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by quick8dragster07
, I always heard it made up for poorly built cars! :lol:
or a bad track or making stopping easy :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -